What's next for Aerofly 2?

SirDezzy

Hi,

I am enjoying flying around in Aerofly 2 which runs really well on my laptop. I have recently purchased Innsbruck airport which looks amazing but I am wondering what are the plans for the next Orbx release? Kind of hoping its a whole region in Europe.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Juanvito said:

I'm not familiar with Aerofly 2, does it cover the whole world like FSX/P3D? If so, I guess porting Global would be considered, although I think that would be a titanic task.

That will never happen. First of all, Aerofly doesn't cover the whole world but more importantly, Aerofly uses photoreal textures only, so no generic textures like Global offers. Landclass scenery doesn't belong in Aerofly.

JV once posted PNW would be the most logical choice to create for Aerofly (create, not convert because of the photoreal) because Orbx has a load of airports for that region which could be converted (converted because airports are photoreal already) to Aerofly after the release of PNW. Nice for business and nice for customers.

14 minutes ago, J van E said:

That will never happen. First of all, Aerofly doesn't cover the whole world but more importantly, Aerofly uses photoreal textures only, so no generic textures like Global offers. Landclass scenery doesn't belong in Aerofly.

JV once posted PNW would be the most logical choice to create for Aerofly (create, not convert because of the photoreal) because Orbx has a load of airports for that region which could be converted (converted because airports are photoreal already) to Aerofly after the release of PNW. Nice for business and nice for customers.

Got it, thanks.

I would have thought that the South Western USA region would be the obvious candidate for future products? Transforming what is a significantly large photoscenery region into a living, breathing virtual world that is unmatched in any other flight simulator is what I would like to see in AeroFly FS2. We do not need another global simulator with small "oasis" scenery packages scattered all over the place. Idream of the day when that South Western USA region is filled with dense autogen and 3D landmarks, lots of detailed AI planes, and a realistic ATC system.

Alex, you are truly one of the top developers on the planet.  You make it, I'll buy it. Glad you're making necessary changes to one you have already made.  Looking forward to it.

Jim

On 2017-07-04 at 11:28 AM, Alex Goff said:

I am hoping to port at least one of my previous releases sometime soon :)

KBID Block Island State Airport

Obvious choice ;)

Ben

14 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Alex, you are truly one of the top developers on the planet.  You make it, I'll buy it. Glad you're making necessary changes to one you have already made.  Looking forward to it.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I may have something up your alley later this year... :)

About this (maybee a too indiscreet question sorry if it's the case), is it possible to have an idea of the sales (ORBXdirect and Steam) for your two first addons on AFS2? Not sales numbers of course, just  If it meets your expectations or not for now. Thanks.

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Though I must say it's been awfully quiet on that subject since the first screenie of the proposed expanded area.

I guess that as a company, ORBX need to sell a lot of LOWI and Meg for AF2. That we don't know and will probably never know.

The full price of those 2 may sound a bit on the high side for some casual STEAM user.

Did MEG sell good for AF2, I'm not sure, not it's in present state in my opinion.

Ben

2 hours ago, Benny said:

I guess that as a company, ORBX need to sell a lot of LOWI and Meg for AF2. That we don't know and will probably never know.

The full price of those 2 may sound a bit on the high side for some casual STEAM user.

Did MEG sell good for AF2, I'm not sure, not it's in present state in my opinion.

Ben

Well, for me at least, Lowi was a no-matter-what purchase. Meigs, I purchased based on the promise of the extended area.

For me Lowi will be a good purchase (it's why i buy it) if we can make a good scenery with the geoceonvert tool for join the swiss DLC who is not so far. Hope we can do it. Promise of great VFR flights in a beautiful region.

Archived