I Just Can't Do It..........

Triplane

Just now, walterg74 said:

Not sure what add-ons you have/are talking about, but all of mine CLEARLY say FSX or P3D...

Some say both, like some carenados and the  Aerosoft Twin Otter.

Most important for 3.4 is the GTN750, I'd lose what little I have of my mind if that became unfunctional.

Have AS16 for 3.4, AS4 for v4, REX TH HD with Iain's theme for 3.4, and a lot of others too numerous to list right now.

If you put your FSX DVD into the drive one of the options is to uninstall.  Use that.  After it has uninstalled, all your addons in folders will still be there because FSX uninstall doesn't touch them.  Simply delete the entire remaining folder.

You don't need to uninstall any addons.  They will disappear with the FSX folder.  The only thing you will have left that might need cleaning up are the FSX related files in your user/roaming and user.local and program data folders.  However there's no urgency to to clean them up as they will just be a few MB of old files doing nothing.

Although I doubt it, it is possibly possible that an addon developer may have log files etc that can't differentiate between FSX and P3D installs, I highly doubt it, but in that case simply reinstall the product to P3D!

Thanks John, too late for me to try it now, having a fine glass of Australian Yellowtail Merlot from Yenda.  Reading a good book and then off to bed.  Perhaps tomorrow.

I really appreciate your help, the people here are so helpful and knowledgeable, it's a nice place to hang out.

FSX became totally unusable for me back before the introduction of Prepar3D.  I was using 6 monitor for flight sim visuals and could not complete a flight without OOM errors.  FS9 actual handle the 6 monitors better.  I was totally overjoyed when Prepar3D was released but did not purchase until v2.  It still had problems handling many monitors for visuals but was a dramatic improvement plus most FSX addons worked.  Now with v4 there will be no more OOM errors for me and I will finally be able to complete all my flights.

Happy days.... 

Archived