Adjusting a PTA preset to my liking

ruudmeij

Hi guys,

Seems that everybody now a days is on the search for the holy grail regarding PTA settings myself included this is the point where I am right now but I don't say that it is finished.

The screenshots below are the results of a few hours adjusting.

2iqedlR.jpg

urwvaqR.jpg

QhPWdL3.jpg

RWgEJnS.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

That's pretty damn' good!!!!! The colours look pretty spot-on to me - and the VC lighting is great (I must get that Beaver!!!!). That last shot is a beauty.

The main problem I found when trying to get a balance was with cloud shadows. If you beef them up too much to get some "drama" in the shot, then everything goes totally muddy when you have a lot of cloud cover (and most of your terrain is in the shade). Get that about right (or so you think) and everything looks too bleached out at mid-day with clear skies. You can't win!!!

Also - choice of sky texture plays a massive part in the whole story. You think you have it all set up fine, then you experiment with a different sky set and it all goes to custard!

Looking at your sky, it seems to have a bit of a green/yellow tinge ... but only a tiny bit.

Adam.

40 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

That's pretty damn' good!!!!! The colours look pretty spot-on to me - and the VC lighting is great (I must get that Beaver!!!!). That last shot is a beauty.

The main problem I found when trying to get a balance was with cloud shadows. If you beef them up too much to get some "drama" in the shot, then everything goes totally muddy when you have a lot of cloud cover (and most of your terrain is in the shade). Get that about right (or so you think) and everything looks too bleached out at mid-day with clear skies. You can't win!!!

Also - choice of sky texture plays a massive part in the whole story. You think you have it all set up fine, then you experiment with a different sky set and it all goes to custard!

Looking at your sky, it seems to have a bit of a green/yellow tinge ... but only a tiny bit.

Adam.

Thank you Adam for your comment, your right regarding that you never get it right because as you already mentioned the sky colors and textures are changing every time.

Also the green yellow color in the sky could be improved I forgot to startup Active sky and Asca at the moment the shots where taken.

Cheers,

Ruud 

Other than the sky, your colors are great with lots of vibrance.  Don't know nothin' about P3D but, if there's a blue/yellow color balance, go for more blue than yellow - will make the sky less cyan and help the greens without hurting the yellow of the plane.

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Looking good, welcome to the search for the holy grail, mental health hotline not included

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I keep trying everyone's presets and can't find that sweet spot either so I got back to default.  I like your shots, they're crystal clear.

33 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

8 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Other than the sky, your colors are great with lots of vibrance.  Don't know nothin' about P3D but, if there's a blue/yellow color balance, go for more blue than yellow - will make the sky less cyan and help the greens without hurting the yellow of the plane.

Still a work in progress so I will fine tune further hoping that it turns out right.

Thank you al guys for the nice comments.

Cheers,

Ruud

Archived