No Autogen with FTX Regions in P3Dv4

jase439

Hello,

I am experiencing a total loss of autogen in all FTX NA regions in P3Dv4. If I disable all but the mesh scenery components, autogen comes back. I am also running FTX Global/LC/Trees HD.

Is this a known issue?

J

Edited to remove "FTX Vector" from the list of installed products; added Trees HD

3 hours ago, jase439 said:

Hello,

I am experiencing a total loss of autogen in all FTX NA regions in P3Dv4. If I disable all but the mesh scenery components, autogen comes back. I am also running FTX Global/LC/Trees HD.

Is this a known issue?

Hello,

No, as far as I am aware, you are the first person to report this problem.

If you disable "all but the mesh scenery" you have effectively disabled the region.

Have you installed the libraries?

If you have, please try disabling the 3D trees in P3D v4 and see if your autogen returns.

If you haven't found it, on the World settings page in game,

untick "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" and restart the simulator.

Make sure also that your autogen is not switched off.

I had this problem both in v3 and v4. It's not related to specific regions. It can happen anywhere. Autogen simply stops reloading. 

To get rid of the problem I reran FTX Central to let it refresh the autogen descriptions and deleted my prepar3d.cfg. 

That helped in both versions of the sim. I still haven't figured out what caused it. It's probably a combination of FTX with something else. The first time I noticed it in v4 was after installing Ibiza and Mallorca from Aerosoft. And I had those installed in v3 as well. Not conclusive evidence though.

Hi there,

This is not my area of expertise but I can think of one diagnostic step that may help.  From the sim's point of view there are several types of autogen: vegetation, buildings that are generated on the fly and library objects placed by the autogen system.  (Library objects can be placed by '.bgl' files too. That's a different system.)

Are all three types of autogen missing or only the vegetation?

Key files that control the specifics (eg  tree species, size ranges etc) are in the [sim]\Autogen folder. Could you post a screenshot of the contents of  this folder showing the name,  size and date modified of each file?

On 6/22/2017 at 6:46 PM, KVSandleben said:

To get rid of the problem I reran FTX Central to let it refresh the autogen descriptions and deleted my prepar3d.cfg.

This did the trick for me! Something in the scenery database must have been stale and just needed to be rebuilt.

Thank you, Karsten.

9 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi there,

This is not my area of expertise but I can think of one diagnostic step that may help.  From the sim's point of view there are several types of autogen: vegetation, buildings that are generated on the fly and library objects placed by the autogen system.  (Library objects can be placed by '.bgl' files too. That's a different system.)

Are all three types of autogen missing or only the vegetation?

Key files that control the specifics (eg  tree species, size ranges etc) are in the [sim]\Autogen folder. Could you post a screenshot of the contents of  this folder showing the name,  size and date modified of each file?

Unbenannt.png

Thanks for posting the screenshot of your Autogen folder; it’s very helpful. I’m bringing up what I see internally.

Before I begin, have you installed the Orbx libraries? They are essential of course.

[edited following info from Holger]

Per Holger, chances are you are overloading your system such that it can't keep up.

Heres' what Holger says:   "A simple cross-check is to go into the scenery library and then click on OK, which will force a scenery refresh. If the autogen shows it's his PC struggling and he needs to lower settings."

Archived