real air duke b60 v2 for fsx

I just got prepar3dv4  I also have fsx se  is there anyway to get my real air duke 60 v2  fsx se edition to work  with v4   I really like this plane  I just don't know  if it will work with v4  and if so  how do I it  any suggestions   thanks  

P3DV4 uses a different structure.  Only the P3DV4 aircraft can be in the simobjects folder.  You can put other folders in there but the aircraft won't show up.

A Google search came up with a solution to do with linking to a folder you create but it involves setting up an xml file I believe.  I'm going to wait, hopefully someone will release a fixer of some sort...

Weren't the FSX and P3D versions of the Duke different? If so, I wonder how/if it will simply port over?

John, in post #32 of this link, Elaine explains how to set up the xml file to get your P3Dv3 Duke into P3Dv4 - I did this myself, it's really very easy and works perfectly. If I can do it, anybody can :)

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

P3DV4 uses a different structure.  Only the P3DV4 aircraft can be in the simobjects folder.  You can put other folders in there but the aircraft won't show up.

You can copy aircraft to the P3Dv4 simobjects\airplanes folder and they do indeed show in the menu and if the aircraft is compatible, they work in exactly the same way as they do in FSX and all other P3D versions.

Indeed, for the time being, Aerosoft's and MIlviz's P3Dv4 installers do exactly that.

Agreed, it is not the recommended way, but then nor is an ORBX folder in the P3D v4 root folder.

This is my present aircraft catalogue and apart from waiting for the Doug Dawson sound gauge, they all work just as they do in FSX.

I have relegated all but two of the default aircraft to AI by simply hiding the panel folders.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Archived