Migration from P3Dv3.4 to P3DV4 - Something Wrong

jtwillia

I have currently have installed P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 each on it's own SSD.  My 3.4 installation seems just fine with all products working correctly.  

I followed the directions using Central 3.2 to migrate Global, Trees, Regional Landclass, and then region packs for each region.  The installations seem to run fine and at the end of each migration the product shows as installed in P3Dv4 in Central.  I've also confirmed that the appropriate scenery entries show up when I view the scenery library in P3Dv4.   The Orbx scenery does not seem to be displaying properly in P3Dv4.  In fact it looks like it may be showing default scenery. Below are two screen shots of Mt Shatsta.  The first is from my P3Dv3.4 and the second from P3DV4.

ShastaP3Dv3_4.jpg

ShastaP3Dv4.jpg

Any Ideas of what went wrong and what I need to do to correct the problem?

The landclass is different, Mt Shasta is photoreal in v3.4, Interstate 5 is depicted differently.

I have uninstalled all Orbx from my P3Dv4 and am in the process of re-installing using the re-install from backup option.  That seems to have fixed Northern California

Folks,

I think I can mark this one as resolved.  I re-installed all of the available P3Dv4 Orbx products using Central and the "re-install from backup" option and it seems to have worked correctly.  Still working my way through the region packs but everyone so far has been fine.

Thanks.

Archived