Welcome to a new Meigs: Aerofly FS2

15 hours ago, rockliffe said:

Ah well, I was hoping that would be the case Glenn. Interesting, you have exactly the same spec rig as me! Do you have any issues with worse performance/ fps/stutters?

After installing orbx regions, global and open lc, the performance and visuals are noticeably better than v3

the higher resolution terrain lod makes a huge difference. Like a new sim and I haven't seen any blurred tiles yet. Having said that I'm only using the default a36 as well. 

Must say say I am going to get Aerofly2 soon. It looks excellent even if it's not quite ready as a prime time sim.

2 hours ago, GlennH said:

After installing orbx regions, global and open lc, the performance and visuals are noticeably better than v3

the higher resolution terrain lod makes a huge difference. Like a new sim and I haven't seen any blurred tiles yet. Having said that I'm only using the default a36 as well. 

Must say say I am going to get Aerofly2 soon. It looks excellent even if it's not quite ready as a prime time sim.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. I guess it would be worth my while to at least try v4.

On 5-6-2017 at 10:23 PM, John Venema said:

This special release for Aerofly by Orbx includes 12,000km2 of photoreal coverage, animated people and ferris wheel plus many other details to discover.

On another forum someone asked if any of the other airports in that 12,000km2 region will be simulated too, maybe later on, obviously not with the same detail as Meigs but at least like in FTX regions. Any info on that? It would obviously be great if we could take off from Meigs and actually land elsewhere in the area!

8 hours ago, J van E said:

On another forum someone asked if any of the other airports in that 12,000km2 region will be simulated too, maybe later on, obviously not with the same detail as Meigs but at least like in FTX regions. Any info on that? It would obviously be great if we could take off from Meigs and actually land elsewhere in the area!

I can't even imagine, and I have a helluva imagination, not having airports to takeoff and land in this expanded area from Milwaukee to Gary. Holy cow.  Surely if IPACS hasn't done them already, then the Global Airports team is doing them.  Let's hope, anyway.

I think we will know the answer tomorrow when the demo goes live in Hartford.

Regards,

Ray

2 hours ago, raymar99 said:

not having airports to takeoff and land in this expanded area from Milwaukee to Gary

I have no desire whatsoever to land or takeoff from Gary. Not usually on the ole' tourism visit list, is old Gary....not so much.B)

32 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I have no desire whatsoever to land or takeoff from Gary. Not usually on the ole' tourism visit list, is old Gary....not so much.B)

Not a requirement AFAIK.  May those that don't want any, have fond memories of not getting any.

Regards,

Ray

Archived