Four from Four

My first pics from v4... No problems so far with it... I've only added Global and England, which I'm testing here, over the Lake District.

I'm really missing PTA, but I have applied some of my old lighting tweaks to the cloud.fx file successfully.... oh, and the Tiger Moth works fine ^_^

No that it shows much in these, but I'm really enjoying the extended Autogen draw distance.

db639aef85e4670229830ce6a371c064.jpg

5beab7c9dda1a0bbffb05dc0d60d6abe.jpg

65bf8c389b35a37a2fc61ede9acec4d1.jpg

faa5a391fbbb4bc10b444d835f8e8413.jpg

Very 'painterly' Mark.  Very nice, and you can certainly see for miles.

I've not upgraded to v3.4 yet and still have v3.3 and frankly am quite satisfied with it.  It seems v4 for 64x will be out soon which hopefully will give us the opportunity of full out settings instead of the compromising we have to put up with now.

Hope you and the family are keeping well.

John

35 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Mark.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain :)

Just now, JohnY said:

Very 'painterly' Mark.  Very nice, and you can certainly see for miles.

I've not upgraded to v3.4 yet and still have v3.3 and frankly am quite satisfied with it.  It seems v4 for 64x will be out soon which hopefully will give us the opportunity of full out settings instead of the compromising we have to put up with now.

Hope you and the family are keeping well.

John

Hi John :)

This is v4 64bit ;) its out now!... and yes, if you have the power you can max out what you want and not encounter an OOM.  For me its very good so far, and with higher settings than V3.4 could do I'm getting similar performance, and its very smooth apart from the odd stutter [my hardware is getting on a bit]...

We're all good thank you, and I hope the two of you are as well?... :)

I'm really out of date then aren't I Mark?!

Glad you're all ok.  The children must be really growing up by now. 

See your messages.

John

Very beautiful and colorful shots Mark, I love them, and the yellow plane helps a lot too! :)

How in the world did you figure out to modify the cloud.fx file.  From what I've been reading it needs a special Notepad app and it has something to do with Unicode or a latin font? Over my dumb head! :(

5 hours ago, Bluebear said:

brilliant shots, Mark
this are default clouds with your tweak?

Hi Bluebear and thank you... No, these are an ASCA set I copied across from V3. I think AS & ASCA have now been updated for V4.

5 hours ago, JohnY said:

I'm really out of date then aren't I Mark?!

Maybe a little ;)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very beautiful and colorful shots Mark, I love them, and the yellow plane helps a lot too! :)

How in the world did you figure out to modify the cloud.fx file.  From what I've been reading it needs a special Notepad app and it has something to do with Unicode or a latin font? Over my dumb head! :(

Cheers Jack. The shader files simply opens with Notepad that comes with Windows [Notepad++ is a download and makes editing easier, with line numbers].  The tweak goes right back to V2 and changes the way clouds receive light, plus you can make them a bit more colourful at dawn & dusk. I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet, as the default setting seem nice, if a bit bland when the sun is low... really need PTA but that may not happen :(

I desperately want to turn exposure adaption off, to stop the over-brightening when looking down, and darkening looking up... if anyone knows how please let me know.

1 hour ago, Taph said:

Grand set

Many thanks Taph :)

22 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Cheers Jack. The shader files simply opens with Notepad that comes with Windows [Notepad++ is a download and makes editing easier, with line numbers].  The tweak goes right back to V2 and changes the way clouds receive light, plus you can make them a bit more colourful at dawn & dusk. I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet, as the default setting seem nice, if a bit bland when the sun is low... really need PTA but that may not happen :(

I desperately want to turn exposure adaption off, to stop the over-brightening when looking down, and darkening looking up... if anyone knows how please let me know.

Light years over my head Mark. :( I'm glad someone understands this stuff.  How did you figure this all out?

Mark, I read somewhere that there's a PTA replacement, I think it has the name PTA in it and it's also free and it's for V4.  Gosh, I forget where I saw it.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

How did you figure this all out?

The few bits I did were purely trial and (mostly) error, which is why I prefer the people with real understanding and talent to make tools such as PTA... I hope your right about PTA or a similar tool; v4 for all it advances looks a little flat, in lighting terms anyway, without it.

3 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

The few bits I did were purely trial and (mostly) error, which is why I prefer the people with real understanding and talent to make tools such as PTA... I hope your right about PTA or a similar tool; v4 for all it advances looks a little flat, in lighting terms anyway, without it.

Mostly error! :lol:  That's the story of my life!

I'll have to do a search for it Mark, I just saw it.  I was wondering if Mr. banks saw it?

Archived