PAJN Juneau didn't load properly

rnavgenerfly3

Just purchased ORBX PAJN Juneau and after successful FTX load (per FTX that is), and then starting an FSX flight at PAJN, the scenery is quite corrupted. I had issues with PAKT as well and Doug helped me out of that jam. Need help again figuring out what's wrong with PAJN, and what I need to do to correct the ORBX scenery issue. Screenshot is attached. When I also start the flight selecting Rwy26 in FSX there is a massive hill right in front of me, on the runway. In the FSX Scenery Library PAJN is at the bottom of other purchased scenery and is above the default FSX scenery.

Order No. 59283410efbbc

ORBX_PAJN_DIDNT_INSTALL_CORRECTLY_FSX_VIEWS_WHEN_LOADING.docx

• Nick Cooper changed the title to PAJN Juneau didn't load properly

Hello,

This is how we would prefer to see the screen shot please.It saves having to download and open your docx file and displays the image in a size that can be readily viewed.

VIEW WHEN LOADING RWY8 POSITION, RED BOXES, VASI IN HILLS, SCENERY ON RIGHT CORRUPTED, HILL AT END ON RUNWAY, ETC.

image.jpg

Please try a read of this topic

Hi there,

thanks for posting those screenshots. As mentioned on the product page for PAJN our Southern Alaska Region (SAK) is a prerequisite. The cliffs in the distance indicate that you don't have SAK installed and instead are looking at the default landscape.

As for the elevation issue at the airport you may have some other add-on for PAJN active. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

Cheers, Holger

I did an overall FSX Windows Explorer search via *PAJN*.bgl, and only ORBX .bgl files come up. There are no others. If I purchase ORBX NA Southern Alaska scenery will the noted issues per the screenshot above be fixed, without having to go back and forth some more? I'm assuming the purchase of this scenery will also fix the massive hill directly in front of the aircraft when sitting at PAJN runway 26 threshold?

I have Aerosoft's PANC scenery installed. If I purchase and install the ORBX NA Southern Alaska scenery can it (negatively) affect that scenery?

Hi there,

I can't say for certain whether your elevation problem at PAJN will be fixed as you didn't post a file list for me to cross-check. I can tell you though that PAJN and SAK were designed to work together and many customers enjoy them that way.

Below are comparison screenshots of the channel and downtown Juneau as they look in default FSX/P3D vs SAK.

For Aerosoft's PANC we have provided detailed instructions in the SAK compatibility index (also see the SAK manual should you decide to purchase it): http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62409-sak-compatibility-index/

Cheers, Holger

SAK - Juneau harbor - default.jpg

SAK - Juneau harbor - FTX SAK.jpg

Thank you Holger. I purchased the Southern Alaska scenery, and applied your recommendations to fix the SAK compatibility issues with Aerosoft PANC scenery. All is resolved and PAJN is working fine and looking great. BTW the Southern Alaska scenery is also great. Thx for your professionalism and attention to detail in resolving this issue per your recommendations which worked first time, avoiding any back and forth requirements. Appreciate it.

Archived