Orbx Oz manuals - they're cool.

Having just bought almost all of Oz, and loving it, I have been reading the manuals.  First, I have to say, I'm one of those nerds that reads every last word of manuals.  I'll read a stupid manual from a toaster.  So it gives me great pleasure to read these Oz manuals.  I never knew so much about Australia.  What a cool country.  I just read about Tamworth and what a cool history it has, I'd love to visit someday.  

All of them are well written and very informative.  Thanks again you guys!

Tamworth (YSTW) is one of my favourite Airports Jack. Orbx did a great job on it. I like the flying from here as there is lovely countryside in all directions and it's an interesting flight over the mountains to the coastal strips at Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd love to visit someday.  

But Jack, you said you don't fly in real life anymore. You've said absolutely not about getting on a plane. Just saying...:D

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

But Jack, you said you don't fly in real life anymore. You've said absolutely not about getting on a plane. Just saying...:D

Oh I'd fly if was to somewhere fascinating like Australia, it's just the TSA that bugs me.  I'm sure you've seen the horror stories.  I don't know they do it in other countries but they really annoy me.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

it's just the TSA that bugs me

I understand Jack. Yes, I have read stories, but I have also traveled extensively since the creation of TSA, so I have experienced them and am aware. I don't want this thread to stray off topic further, but I will say that it is good to know that you would make a travel exception for a place like Australia. I would hate to see someone limit themselves when there is so much of this great planet to explore in real life. :) 

When it comes to sim flying, Oz is one of my favorite places outside the U.S. to fly.

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I understand Jack. Yes, I have read stories, but I have also traveled extensively since the creation of TSA, so I have experienced them and am aware. I don't want this thread to stray off topic further, but I will say that it is good to know that you would make a travel exception for a place like Australia. I would hate to see someone limit themselves when there is so much of this great planet to explore in real life. :) 

When it comes to sim flying, Oz is one of my favorite places outside the U.S. to fly.

I do plan on flying after I see what happens with my health, and on my list I'd like to visit is Australia, Florence, Venice, Rome, and if it's ever safe, the pyramids.

But Australia would be first on my list.  I've always wanted to see that beautiful opera house in Sydney, or the fireworks they have.  And then there's the coasts, I'd like to go out on a boat and try to see a real great white.  And of course, The Rock.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I do plan on flying after I see what happens with my health, and on my list I'd like to visit is Australia, Florence, Venice, Rome, and if it's ever safe, the pyramids.

But Australia would be first on my list.  I've always wanted to see that beautiful opera house in Sydney, or the fireworks they have.  And then there's the coasts, I'd like to go out on a boat and try to see a real great white.  And of course, The Rock.

All worthwhile endeavors Jack, and I believe you would enjoy them immensely. Not that you would probably go there, but you know you can see all the Great White sharks you want right there off the central California coast. In fact, right now there are more of them off shore than normal. Or, you could come visit me in Hawaii before I leave, and I can introduce you to the cool Hammerhead Shark. :) 

As for Australia, I have yet to travel there in real life, but Oz and New Zealand are two places I want to see. Europe, the Middle East and South America are places I have spent time in, but now 'down under'. My travels will take me there eventually. ^_^

Just now, Sniper31 said:

All worthwhile endeavors Jack, and I believe you would enjoy them immensely. Not that you would probably go there, but you know you can see all the Great White sharks you want right there off the central California coast. In fact, right now there are more of them off shore than normal. Or, you could come visit me in Hawaii before I leave, and I can introduce you to the cool Hammerhead Shark. :) 

As for Australia, I have yet to travel there in real life, but Oz and New Zealand are two places I want to see. Europe, the Middle East and South America are places I have spent time in, but now 'down under'. My travels will take me there eventually. ^_^

I forgot New Zealand.  I would love to visit there after seeing the Lord Of The Rings movies.  I'd actually love to live there.

Hawaii is also on my list, it's a big planet ain't it?  Thanks for your offer too.

I've been to California several times and each time I went there I liked it less.  About the only thing I'd like to see is the giant redwoods.

Yeah, imagine seeing Australia, as Americans we tend not to think of it too much as it's so far away but it's about the same size as us and there's a lot of history there.  They had a gold rush like we did, they have en entire coastline around the whole of the country which is awesome.

But I'd love to hear those beautiful women speak with that Australian accent.  Someday, hopefully.

Great to hear you would like to visit Australia Jack as I find it a great place to call home and we are very welcoming for tourists. As an American you will find little to no "culture shock" and will fit right in. My only request is please don't tip as we don't want the terrible tipping culture to take root in Australia. Wait staff in Australia are very well paid in comparison and do not require to be tipped. Of course for truly exceptional service it's at your discretion.

New Zealand is also a fantastic country and the South Island is  an unspoilt scenic wilderness the equivalent (or better) than any place I have been in Europe.

Don't forget if you don't want to fly you can do a cruise that takes in Hawaii, Australia and NZ. :-)

Hope you come and visit us one day and if you do don't forget the Gold Coast (which is where I live) and the Great Barrier Reef which is in my state.

2 hours ago, PaulFWatts said:

Great to hear you would like to visit Australia Jack as I find it a great place to call home and we are very welcoming for tourists. As an American you will find little to no "culture shock" and will fit right in. My only request is please don't tip as we don't want the terrible tipping culture to take root in Australia. Wait staff in Australia are very well paid in comparison and do not require to be tipped. Of course for truly exceptional service it's at your discretion.

New Zealand is also a fantastic country and the South Island is  an unspoilt scenic wilderness the equivalent (or better) than any place I have been in Europe.

Don't forget if you don't want to fly you can do a cruise that takes in Hawaii, Australia and NZ. :-)

Hope you come and visit us one day and if you do don't forget the Gold Coast (which is where I live) and the Great Barrier Reef which is in my state.

Thank you Paul!  That's very gracious of you and I appreciate it.  As I said before, I like to sit on my couch at around 9:30 PM, drink a glass of fine Italian or French Merlot and have, wait for it, popcorn!  And relax by watching YT's of every conceivable subject.  Aviation, quantum physics lectures, astrophysics, religion, and history.  I love history.  So last night I watched several on Australia and now you've given me new direction for tonight's fare.  The Gold Coast, New Zealand, and the Great Barrier Reef.

Gosh, someday mate, someday the divines willing, I'm going to visit.  This place where I live is dreadfully boring.

Oh, and I'll remember not to tip, but here we're so used to tipping 15 to 20% it'll be hard not to as I like to let the servers know they did a great job.

Thanks again Paul!

Geez Jack, lovely French/Italian wine and POPCORN - sacrilege. LOL Actually we have some really great vineyards here Jack, I've done some wine tasting in the Barossa Valley in South Australia quite a few times, bought the odd bottle and had the headache the next day to remember it by LOL. A cruise is a great idea if you have the time, and you can catch up on some of that reading you like to do - you know, how to fix your lawnmower and the like.:lol:

Regards,

Don

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Geez Jack, lovely French/Italian wine and POPCORN - sacrilege. LOL Actually we have some really great vineyards here Jack, I've done some wine tasting in the Barossa Valley in South Australia quite a few times, bought the odd bottle and had the headache the next day to remember it by LOL. A cruise is a great idea if you have the time, and you can catch up on some of that reading you like to do - you know, how to fix your lawnmower and the like.:lol:

Regards,

Don

:lol:  Yup, I know it's strange but I like it.  It's light popcorn too.  I've sampled some Australian wines and liked them very much.  Unfortunately it's difficult for me to find Australian wine here in Georgia.  They have maybe two bottles and it has a kangaroo on the label but it's white wine, I like red.  Does Australia produce a Merlot?

A cruise would be terrific and you nailed my personality Don!  I AM that kind of Nerd like good old Fred in my comics, I actually would and have brought manuals on tips with me!  :lol:  People look at me like I have lobsters growing out my ears but I like manuals. :D

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I actually would and have brought manuals on tips with me!

I am a manual guy too Jack, and my girlfriend is always poking fun at me about it. The first thing I do after buying a new vehicle is park it in my driveway/garage and start reading the manual. And I read it front to back, and always find features that I wasn't fully aware of. I miss the old hard copy manuals you used to get with all software, but I understand the need to cut down on paper. So,  now the first thing I do is download the latest electronic manual and start reading. Many times I can do that even before I have the product. Anytime I have Soldiers underneath me and I see them not gainfully employed, I tell them to go grab one of the TM's (technical manuals) for any of the numerous high tech pieces of equipment we have and start reading. Know that manual front to back. There is ALWAYS a manual worth reading.

9 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I am a manual guy too Jack, and my girlfriend is always poking fun at me about it. The first thing I do after buying a new vehicle is park it in my driveway/garage and start reading the manual. And I read it front to back, and always find features that I wasn't fully aware of. I miss the old hard copy manuals you used to get with all software, but I understand the need to cut down on paper. So,  now the first thing I do is download the latest electronic manual and start reading. Many times I can do that even before I have the product. Anytime I have Soldiers underneath me and I see them not gainfully employed, I tell them to go grab one of the TM's (technical manuals) for any of the numerous high tech pieces of equipment we have and start reading. Know that manual front to back. There is ALWAYS a manual worth reading.

:lol: We must be twins Sniper!  I do the exact same thing! When I was in the Air Force I spent a lot of spare time reading the T.O.'s (Tech orders), and at my airline, the guys would always make fun of me at lunch time.  They'd read golf magazines and others but I'd read aircraft maintenance manuals.  I'll admit it, I'm a geek!

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Does Australia produce a Merlot?

Jack, Australia produces them all, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Claret, all the whites from very dry to late picked, sweet and mellow, it seems you are a wine connosseur, you would be happy as a pig in....here in Oz mate. Plus the Sydney Opera House, there is so much happening in Sydney, it is almost a sacrilege to sleep and risk missing an unmissable.

6 minutes ago, hwh86 said:

Jack, Australia produces them all, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Claret, all the whites from very dry to late picked, sweet and mellow, it seems you are a wine connosseur, you would be happy as a pig in....here in Oz mate. Plus the Sydney Opera House, there is so much happening in Sydney, it is almost a sacrilege to sleep and risk missing an unmissable.

I would be happy Les, where I live in this boring dullsville about the only exciting thing I do is hike in the woods.  There's no cultural events, we don't even have a movie theater.  We have a half empty shopping mall, and a lot of crime in certain parts.  At least when I lived in Boise there was always something going on, here?  I can watch cows graze.  There must be more than this provincial life....

Archived