New territory - L049 continued

Mr.Mugel

I managed to hold on to my money till today, but I finally gave in, a neighbour let me use his credit card and so I finally got GEN. The place where I grew up and where I first (and last so far) went on an airplane, EDVY towards the sea, etc. So I installed it and decided to take the Connie from my last location in Norwich to Bremen via the Frisian Islands along the North Sea coast. 337 miles to go, not to bad with the L049. Started at dawn, had a beautiful sunrise while climbing out over the sea. Weather was interesting, nice large cloud formations and very strong gusts and sheer winds. Passengers didn´t really like those, aced the landing again, though.

Unleashing those radials to leave british soil at Norwich.

20170507185536_1.jpg

A sunrise to dream of, climbing out over the North Sea.

20170507191603_1.jpg

Some time later, arriving at the german coast, starting the descend over the frisian islands. Had to hurry to get her down as I requested FL160 before to avoid the gust zones.

20170507202340_1.jpg

Weser inlet near Bremerhaven, descend worked quite well.

20170507203218_1.jpg

And looking over the city of Bremen on final.

20170507204457_1.jpg

Did some more exploring after that and will continue. Can´t wait for southern Germany as my current whereabouts (Aachen) are below the border. The atmosphere seems to be cought quite well so far, recognized a lot in my home area allready and the landscape looks fine, too, in general. What I really like is the representation of the old city quarters with some proper narrow roads, etc. Again, looking forward to see Aachen and the Eifel region, as well.

Archived