Lost in America!

Doc44kin

Hi to other bush flyers!

After being hooked on PNG bush strips for some time I would like to extend this into NA Pacific Northwest,what airports do I now need to explore them? being a Ossie I'm lost in NA so any hints that would help would be great! Johns great prices lately have been too good to miss :-),happy flying,Doc

1 hour ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi Doc,

Grab CRM region pack, loads of crazy bushstrips included, use the supplied Region KML to find your way around, Boise or McCall in Idaho are good spots to start from

Sorry Tim but where can I find CRM region pack? not on anything I can find on Orbx site,so still bushed :-), no RTMM either as suggested by Geezer so I'm really "bushed" now,but thanks for your efforts,Doc.....

CRM is NA Central Rockies.

RTMM is Return to Misty Moorings, which is not ORBX, so you need to buy it elsewhere. Type it in google and you should get their website.

I stand to be corrected but RTMMs original beginnings was primarily done by a prominent ORBX developer. A hint would be 'Holgermesh'. So quality is as good as you have been accustomed to.

I have both and well worth it for lots of exploring. RTMM if I remember rightly took a bit of 'massaging' during installation to have it play nicely with P3D. Certainly worth the effort though. 

I agree that NA Central Rockies has a bunch of great bush strips if that is what you're looking for.  The Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in central Idaho, east of McCall, is famous for bush flying.  The Central Rockies scenery includes most of these strips, though not as detailed as Orbx's PNG strips.  The NA Southern Alaska region is really good for bush flying too.

Since you have NA Pacific Northwest, I would personally get the Central Rockies and Northern Rockies regions next.  (And then keep expanding!)

PNW, CRM, NRM will give you a large area of contiguous Orbx region scenery, with lots of spectacular terrain, and lots of updated airports.  

With the 47/31 sale on, you get the most bang for your buck buying regions IMHO.

I you want to focus on buying Orbx payware airports within the Pacific Northwest, I like the area centered around Whidbey Island and the San Juan Islands.  I admit bias because I live and have flown in the area since 2001.  The area has one of the highest concentrations of Orbx payware airports.  Open up the "Product Map" at the bottom of the Products page and you can see how many Orbx fields are there.

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for your input,I suppose I was a bit spoiled by the PNG series and never tire of it,and was looking for more similar quests,anyway with your helpful input I should be able to get some fun around the Pacific Northwest too,many thanks, Doc

4 hours ago, Doc44kin said:

Hi,back again,cannot seem to find the KLM maps mentioned? I have Google Earth on on this machine ,on three screens,it certainly is a vast area compared to Australia!!

Doc

Here is one you might find useful.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1BJLoOIxwCMdYuYckHMsiURqZgmw&hl=en_US&ll=56.18074858168159%2C-45.34014998632813&z=2

Dale

4 hours ago, Doc44kin said:

Hi,back again,cannot seem to find the KLM maps mentioned? I have Google Earth on on this machine ,on three screens,it certainly is a vast area compared to Australia!!

Doc

Here is one you might find useful.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1BJLoOIxwCMdYuYckHMsiURqZgmw&hl=en_US&ll=56.18074858168159%2C-45.34014998632813&z=2

Dale

Also this one

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&ll=15.889628072527177%2C0&z=1

As you fly over a Region keep an eye out for the many small town and ranch strips that are in the scenery but not listed as an addon.

I like to drop in for a visit just for the fun of it.

Some of them are quite good when compared to their default ( not-Orbx ) examples.

Dale

Archived