Problems with ENHF Hammerfest

Thomas B

I have great problems with Hammerfest ENHF. Every time I load the airport the aircraft sinks below ground and the sim crash. When I set Ignore crashes and damage in the settings it solves the problem. I have Airports of Norway an have lift out every file with ENHF from the scenery library.I have serched for any file with ENHF in the file name in my addon librarry and in P3D scenery. I have also tried to to disengage the Airports of Norway anf AoN ground in P3D without sucess.
I have FTX Norway and FFX Global and LC Europe installed.
I would be glad if someone could help me.

Hi,

Please 

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button. Also make sure your mesh resolution setting is set at 5m

You could do a search or have a look at the below link. :)

Cheers

Doug

I bought FTX Norway and ENHF yestarday and I had a similar problem. Aircraft (A2A 182T) sunken below ground.I tryed go to an other airport and back to ENHF. After that all scenery was messy with odd elevation. OK - I ran Force Migration tool and deleted DLL.XML - exe.XML - Logbook.BIN.

Aftrer that I start FSX SE again and selected Trike Ultralight + ENHF and pushed Fly Now-button. Everything was ok now and I selectted A2A 182T again and no problem.

There is some odd problem and I think that it should be fix as soon as possible.

I have tried everything and all my entries are right. I have even tried to set ENHF_ADEP2_FKH_ALT to off. I dont think its ok that a scenery that I have paid for dosent work. What has the developer to say, its a fix on the way?

Hallo everybody,

I have here a similar problem.

In the outside look from above the aircraif looks standing well on the runway.

But sinking the vieuwpoint ,suddenly the aircraft is hanging in the air.
 I have the Norwayscenery of ORBX running.
 2017-5-5_13-16-20-404kopie.jpg2017-5-5_13-17-26-495kopie.jpgAnd the Norway Fotoscenery AoN FSX.
As far as I can see there is  no Hammerfest in that AoN scenery.

Since there are more people whith this kind of throuble on this airport
maybe there is a bug in the download.

Gr.

David

Hi guys,

Hammerfest uses a 3D platform to model the sloped runway. Unlike terrain, outboard views/cameras don't recognize 3D objects as hardened and move straight through them, which it is why they can become invisible.

As for the starting position issue a search for the airport's ICAO would have brought up several previous discussions, such as:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133140-enhf-start/?do=findComment&comment=1182923

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127092-enhf-sunken-aircraft/

Seems to be tricky to define starting positions on sloped runways. I remember similar issues with PAKT Ketchikan.

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys. The sloped runway does indeed come with quite a few limitations of the fsx engine.

The runway start should not be used, as it causes the aircraft to start in the center of the runway, at a wrong heading.

Crash detection has to be off in order for the parking start to work: again, this is because of the 3d platform used on the entire apron.

The runway lights are using fsx's settings, so they turn on whenever the Sim recognizes it as 'night'.

- Finn

Sent fra min HUAWEI VNS-L31 via Tapatalk

Ok Finn. As I understand you I have to deactivate crasch detection in P3D to use the scenery? Would not that have been told before i bought as an limitation?

7thomas 

I don't get why people fly with detection on: you will -know- if you have crashed, won't you? Then you can continue on embarrassed, without the sim resetting. ;)

I will write the limitation on the notes on the product page, however I doubt anyone will read it anyway.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the airport though!

Finn

1 hour ago, Finni Hansen said:

I don't get why people fly with detection on: you will -know- if you have crashed, won't you? Then you can continue on embarrassed, without the sim resetting. ;)

Me neither! And the scenery with the sloped runway makes it so immersive, it compensates for any other "workarounds" we have to deal when selecting the start location for example. Wish we could see more of that coming in! Maybe the upcoming platforms will give us better native support to slope things up! (and down! :) )

Well, I'm not going to do another sloped airport. So many people have 'problems' with the limitations. I think it is great looking too, and can easily live with the few issues. Not everyone shares that thought of course.

Aerofly supports sloped runways, so maybe in the future : ))

Finn

Hallo Finni

Thank you for the explanation about the lights.

Now that I know why the  limitations are there I can accept them.

And I  find it a beautifull scenery and will be flying there frequently.

Gr.

David

• 8 months later...

I am getting this problem in all of Norway - what the heck is wrong ?

This seems to have been a problem for 18 months.

Why hasn't it been sorted ?

Is it just FSX users having this problem ?

I have it at Narvik and non-payware like Alta, which is part of Norway full fat region.

Real game ruiner. The Narvik area is utterly superb..... reminds me of Kai Tak by F T.....   but this elevation issue is ruining Norway for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, during the summer the sun never sets in Hammerfest. They've got daylight all night long. No need for runwaylights during the day.. ;)

I have explained the limitations for using Hammerfest, and people are okay with them. 

What exactly is your problem Gabe? What hasn't been sorted? Since it appears in all of Norway, I don't get why your're coming here bashing MY airport in the HAMMERFEST support thread.

Are you using the freeware "Airports of Norway" package? In that case: Have you read the readme regarding using it together with FTX Norway / FTX Norwegian airports?

Finn.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not bashing anything. But reserve the right to complain if there are issues, as I paid for them... Sir.

It is just the elevation issues that remains a problem.

And lighting.....

I am sure on dim days, runway lighting is useful and would be switched on... in the RW ?

I would normally add these myself using ADE, but because of the way you make them, this is not possible. The lights come on at "night", which I believe is an FSX limitation, yet a limitation that has been overcome for some time - at least potentially.

Anyhow, I have the choice as to whether to use the airports, so that's the end of that. I'm certainly not getting into a slanging match.

Archived