OpenLC North America / PNW question (strange areas)

YoYo

Hello,

Could You be so kind and compare area near KHQM Bowerman.

I have openLC+all regions for sure but.... noticed some of strange squares. It looks like a little mess in textures.

Spring. 26 of march.

LAT N47  2.94
LON: W 124  0.51

Image-300_assarex.jpg

Image-301_assaren.jpg

In World> Scenery I have (to the top) openLC NA, next open LC Europe, next regions ect.

Image-303_assarqa.jpg

Ok. I did another test: turn off NA Pacific Northwest and.... it looks like this:

Image-306_assaxeq.jpg

So the problem isn't openLC NA I think, but PNW Region for me.

Orbx Libs are on the top of list.

A good rule of thump is to check google maps or google earth first and compare the satelite images.

These are deforested areas and that is, at least in shape, exactly how they look like in that area.

There is nothing wrong with your installation.

Thank You but no, it wasnt this:

12 minutes ago, KVSandleben said:

A good rule of thump is to check google maps or google earth first and compare the satelite images.

These are deforested areas and that is, at least in shape, exactly how they look like in that area.

There is nothing wrong with your installation.

Google / Open LC NA:

Image-309_assaaax.jpg Image-306_assaxeq.jpg

Its a textures/lc problem of Region I suppose. OpenLC NA looks ok, near similar like on this picture from Google map.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did test in another place when I saw this strange white textures from the top view.

SAK on, openLC NA on (bad):

Image-308_assaaqq.jpg

SAK off, openLC NA on (ok):

Image-307_assaash.jpg

Something strange with textures for me or LC of Regions.

I did Force migration, the same problem.

Hi there,

Karsten is correct, what you're seeing are forestry "clearcut" areas, which retain snow longer than the adjacent forested areas.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/40683-strange-looking-texture-tiles-on-the-mountains-pnw/#comment-356609

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/128681-nrm-northern-rockies-autogen-appearance/?do=findComment&comment=1145671

The landclass detail and accuracy of the FTX Regions is generally higher than that of openLC. Moreover, the openLC series doesn't include custom seasons control files like the Regions do.

Cheers, Holger

Thank You. So is it normal? To be sure for 100% could someone do test this position and put here the screen? It costs 5 minutes ;).

Btw. I did this movie in another position, it looks a little odd with this white boxes....:

Thank You!

Hi YoYo

The late winter snow remaining on the irregular shaped Forestry Cut-blocks (clearcut blocks) are 100% correct as Holger wrote above. Below are some seasonal sample pictures from my FSX setup, though not with the same color and clarity of your P3D & PTA setup, I think you can see where the seasonal change's take place. Starting with Hard Winter where the Cut-blocks are covered with snow moving on to Winter with a partial snow cover. Once you are into mid Spring the cut-blocks turn to a tan or light brown and slightly green and remain so through Summer & Fall.

9cfca8a2f78dc3f1b1ee4a1cf76693c3.jpg

b2b47d1ad7a800051e9b3b9ad643959f.jpg

72d4b4703313edc00aee233cb478565d.jpg

a43b91f86a2053e53a8a6f6b1ad1eee9.jpg

f3214f46ba5b5844abb070e9c879d1c6.jpg

Archived