AU BLUE FREEWARE NOW AVAILABLE!! Welcome to REAL VFR flying :)

John Venema

March 20th, 2008 9:30PM AEST - Orbx releases 60 freeware photoreal airfields for FTX

Ten months in the making, and hand-crafted by Mark Lee, Barry Meiklejohn, Martin Henare, Holger Sandmann and John Venema, these sixty photoreal airfields for FSX are available for anyone to use and enjoy. You don't have to be an existing Orbx customer or FTX user and there are no strings attached.

These texture matched airstrips are designed to blend seamlessly with FTX AU BLUE. The majority of strips you will find in this package are small airfields designed for general aviation (GA) flight. Some are farm strips – sharing a paddock with crops; some are mining strips – designed for twin engine turboprop fly-in, fly-out operations; some are small strips servicing rural communities or tourism operations; and occasionally you will find larger airports that have had the FTX ground texture makeover, such as YMHB Hobart.

The download includes full documentation, area maps and navigation tips. The installer is self configurating and you will be up and flying in just a few minutes!

http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Enjoy, and have a happy Easter everyone!

The Orbx Team

My God! And I was JUST about to go to bed ;)  LOL.

Thank you guys so much for your all your efforts... I mean that.

Goodnight.

Tim :)

EDIT: I had to come back and say this... The manual alone is damn amazing! Very well done guys.... OK, I'm off like a prom dress, g'night. :D

Congratulations guys and a big thank you.

I reckon it's very thoughtful and considerate of you all to get this out the night before Good Friday!

Great timing...4 days off work coming up!

PS - You deserve a break - take Easter off...We've got plenty to keep us occupied ;-)

Thanks for the great comments everyone! We already have 4-5 fields in testing for V1.1 with many more to come. And wait until you see what Mark Lee and the gang have in store for AU GOLD. Our plan is to release nearly 500 of these strips in 2008, with many of them being made by the Orbx FTX community. Orbx staff will also develop and release a YLIL-quality fully functional GA airport with each region pack. I think I like the idea of Archerfield for AU GOLD ;)

Our mission: To put the FUN back into VFR flying and make this hobby an enjoyable pastime.

Now ... I am off to bed and will focus on some weeding and gardening this long weekend. Sounds like a nice way to unwind .. ;)

Finally, a big congratulations to Mark Lee for seeing his vision for VFR flying realised. It was a pleasure to give you the pallette to work from. Mate, you've done us all proud!

Thanks to all the team, I'm downloading now! It's only lunchtime here in Switzerland, so I'll have to put up with a few more hours work first before I can install and enjoy this evening  :) I'll only have a couple of days fun though, as I have to fly to Fremantle on Tuesday for a congress, and will be away from the pc for 3 whole weeks!!!  :'(

Have a great Easter everybody!

Jack

Will load it up after some sleep tomorrow... on a graveyard shift tonight so no flying for me.

What a week, purchase FTX Blue, freeware airports and my nice new 22" Monitor will be waiting for me tomorrow.

Thanks... look forward to flying from these new airports from a widescreen perspective.

Brad

Guest J van E

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! YES! I am at work right now (working very hard indeed) so I only had time to look at the included pdf, but MAN, this is AWESOME!!! What a truckload of airfields are added! And the pdf itself is (indeed) GREAT! I found it a pity FSX doesn't have many airfields on Tasmania, well, now a whopping total of 18 are added!!! It's REALLY going to be fun to find them in my Scout!!! :) Awesome!

Guest AJT67

John,

After what I've seen tonight, FTX has virtually turned VFR flying in FSX on it's head! As ashamed as I am to say so, just like real life, when I approached Denmark, I was about a mile too far out to the North! Can FTX incorporate our nav errors as well? LOL

Fantastic job guys from a very grateful customer.

Congratulations fellas, especially Mark, you've obviously spent hours, days, weeks, months, etc on these strips. For me they add so much to my flying, bush stips are just so much fun to fly to and the challenge of landing.

I wish I had the skill to do what you guys do, one day perhaps. I'd just like to put back a little of what I've gained. I don't want to stir up trouble or appear to be grandstanding but I'd like to donate something. Is it possible to set up a link for donations, Ive paid heaps for software in the past that wasn't anywhere near as good as this stuff and I'd like to contribute so these guys can afford to keep up the great work.

cheers

Hi

My name is Jack J Jackson, from Sweden but now living in Spain.

First thank you for letting a more or less "newbie" test your programs that seem to be fantastic.

I downloaded the two free packages and installed them as told. But... I could see no change in my

scenery from the standard Microsoft. When I started FSX (I have it with Add-pac) I got the following error message:

Scenery.cfg error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery area .121. Click Ok to continue.

It also says that area 121-134 and 149-155 has the same errors.

What's wrong? Should I have installed the program in a different way?

Jack J Jackson

A Swede in Spain

Archived