Hi all,

I've just purchased the Global Base and Vector packs from ORBX a few weeks ago.

I had installed these packs and was using FSX:SE without issue for a few days.

I then started noticing areas where the texture packs were not loading properly, and the default

FSX texture was being generated in square areas on the ground. I decided to uninstall both ORBX packs,

and re-install FSX:SE from steam to attempt to fix the problem. So far, I can't successfully install without running into

an error, or the download freezing at a certain point. 

So far, I've encountered the two errors (attached as pictures) in this message. Can anyone lend me a hand?

Please let me know! 

Thanks

ORBX.PNG

ORBX#2.PNG

So i've gone to the FTX Central settings menu and cleared the 'temp' option. Turned my antivirus off, which seemed to solve the issue...until the downloading of the FTX Global BASE pack grinds to a halt and just stops at around 2.8 gigs. At a lost and quite discouraged. 

Hi,

Sorry - been working overtime in my day job. :(

I would suggest in your situation, that you download using our manual download option using a download manager so if there are connection issues, it can be resumed.  This can be done by going into your account in FTX Direct and choosing the manual download option.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matthew, I have manually downloaded and successfully installed all packages so far. The problem I am facing now is the low quality 2-d texture on the ground. I do not see any lights on road (except for their 2-d illustrations). I understand these may be my settings, though I followed the advice of the Global texture pack FSX settings...any advice?

Hi Matt, I'm running into worse issues now. I've downloaded the following packages:

Global Base Pack

Vectors Pack

Lights Configurator

NA Airports

Orbx Libraries

All are updated. I am running air hauler 2, and have DX 10 scenery fixer.

The scenery 2-D issue is fixed, but i am experiencing catastrophic meshing issues. Really not pleased with the ORBX experience so far...What can I do?

orbx 7.PNG

orbx 5.PNG

orbx 6.PNG

orbx 1.PNG

Switch off DX10 fixer to see whether you experience the same issue. If that the case, you have to see if your graphic card pilots are well installed or it has hardware failure

Hi guys,

Here are my computer specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.41 GHz

16.0 GB RAM

Graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9 360

I have a brother running the exact same setup, DX 10 fixer, same packages and all with no issues at all...

Stewart is correct in that a lot of AMD GPU drivers did not work with DX10. I found in the past that only the 12.8 version worked, but I am now running an RX 480 card with the newest version drivers ( they even now have an FSXSE default profile) and all seems good with my FSXSE DX10, although I have not tested it much, this is the one big reason I added P3D, so I could make full use of my AMD platform.

Moral of the story....try the newest drivers or try the old 12.8 drivers.

• 1 month later...

Archived