Anacortes

Jack Sawyer

In the words of Led Zeppelin, "Where's that confounded bridge?"

I flew from 74S in a spiral pattern and couldn't find that cool bridge that is shown on the Orbx Direct page.

Then I flew to KBVS and landed and as I was taxiing I got the VirtualFly VAS monitor bar go red and got the woman's voice telling me VAS was low.

Anyway, if anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it.  Is it supposed to be on the island?

The lighthouse too?

So it was spring - AS16 on - Alabeo DA40 - Orbx everything, Global, Vector, Trees, N/A/ LC, 74S, KBVS, Adam's preset 20_10.

0exvm3Z.jpg

B9jKnqQ.jpg

swbXdX6.jpg

9tmlhie.jpg

jd6Wtk3.jpg

xeWhhqx.jpg

This isn't the bridge I'm talking about.

yxnQ8G7.jpg

O0n6Wvq.jpg

EEoCMiC.jpg

R3x5kly.jpg

qskdGqR.jpg

UCoZdrG.jpg

gEox18g.jpg

OGFxtQ0.jpg

Lddh2H0.jpg

Great shots Jack but you went off in the wrong direction.

Take off on rwy18 and follow the coast.

Don't forget there are 2 other strips, a helipad and a water landing in this scenery.

I have been going through the ORBX airports and finding the extra strips that some of them have which I had never realised.

Amazing what I have missed by not reading the descriptions in the manuals or on the fullterrain site!

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Great shots Jack but you went off in the wrong direction.

Take off on rwy18 and follow the coast.

Thanks Martyn but I could have sworn I did that.  I made a larger and larger spiral round the whole island.  At one point I was 18 miles away.

Will try it soon as I get a chance.  Looks like fun to fly under it.

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn but I could have sworn I did that.  I made a larger and larger spiral round the whole island.  At one point I was 18 miles away.

Will try it soon as I get a chance.  Looks like fun to fly under it.

I hope you will share your under the bridge flight with us!

Good hunting and flying.

13 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Great shots and purchase, Jack!

Yes, to find the bridge, fly heading maybe 160 off of 18 like you're heading towards Diamond Point (SSE) - you'll see it along the coast to your left (east).

I've never flown under it myself! :)

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I can't wait to have a look.

10 hours ago, adambar said:

After you take off, just hang a right of left depending on which way your taking off and it's right there on the other side of the little hill, not so good at giving directions. :lol:  Great shots Jack! :)

Thanks Adam.  These are good directions! :)

9 hours ago, jury42 said:

Super shots!

Thanks Jury!

7 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Will look forward to your bridge shots.  In the meantime, I will say I totally liked these pics...especially the one of the COSCO ship and the two bridge shots before it.  So happy flying trails my flying friend.

Thanks PDX.  Yeah, I am so glad I install that World Of AI Ship add-on and it's free and it's amazing what you'll find.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

Archived