Open LC North America Problems ?

scottb613

Hi Folks,

RE: Win10x64 - P3Dv3.4 - Migrated ORBX account - Latest FTX Central - FTX Global Textures - Ultimate Terrain

Been having some real trouble with Open LC NA... I seem to get - tiles that totally change as I get closer to them - water on top of Mountains - messed up roads/railroads - tiles that don't belong in the area... While in the sim I've disabled OLCNA - and like magic - everything goes back to the way it belongs... One of the worst spots I've found is in SOCAL - Mission Valley - right by the Stadium - it's a jumbled mess (I don't have the region pack for SOCAL)... I've checked my scenery.cfg and all my ORBX scenery is at a much higher in priority than all my Ultimate Terrain stuff... Finally - I completely removed and reinstalled OLCNA - the first time in everything seemed correct but on subsequent sessions I'm back to the jumbled mess... I tried disabling UT and still I had a jumbled mess with just OLCNA...

Any ideas ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Doug,

The response is much appreciated...

Hmm - "Force Migration" - no - I haven't seen that and wouldn't have thought to try it since I was under the impression I had migrated successfully a couple months ago... I'll look this weekend when I get home...

When you say "below" - I'm assuming you mean of OpenLC should have a lessor priority than all my sceneries... Yes - I believe that's so with the four OpenLC entries......

My addons from lowest to highest priority start with - Ultimate Terrain - OpenLC - third party scenery - ORBX scenery... I'll double check and post my scenery.cfg for reference - but I was playing with it a great deal trying to fix this issue - so I'm pretty confident it's correct...

Thanks again...

Regard,
Scott 

Hi Stew,

Thanks for your response as well...

Hmm - I thought I read where FTX Central restructures your scenery.cfg every time you login placing it with the highest priority ? I'll double check as well - but with the exception of OpenLC - I think all my ORBX stuff is clustered at the top of the list - meaning priority 1,2,3,4,5, etc etc etc...

I think the best bet is to post my scenery.cfg once I get home...

;)

Regards,
Scott

"I thought I read where FTX Central restructures your scenery.cfg every time you login placing it with the highest priority ?"

Not if you use the insertion tool to place the Orbx stuff below your last 3rd party entry.  Then all is well, even when you re-run Central.

Archived