When I'm Wrong, I Say I'm Wrong.........

Triplane

Because of an HDD problem I had to re-install FSX today. Including all the ORBX scenery products. I don't know why, but I decided to not use my backup files. I reinstalled everything via the web with FTXCv3. I gotta tell you....something has changed. I've been one of those who have bitched about the download problem. But no more........I reinstalled every ORBX scenery product using FTXCv3 in less than five hours. Simply amazing. I don't know why this is so but it's restored my faith in the "new" ORBX.

Doug

Doug,

I am really happy to hear you're finally all squared away.  I know you're right down the road from me and we talked about two weeks ago regarding your issues, but it's nice to see your faith has been restored.

Gary

I had the same problem a while back (FSX:SE), solved it the same way. Uninstalled everything, deleted the FSX folder and reinstalled from the ground up. Everthing went without a single hickup and now works fine. Quick download speeds too. So, a tip to others who have problems.

Andre

Really, this has got to be one of the best things ever. I finally got P3d and about 15 hours later I had everything in my ORBX world ready to rock. Yes it took that long. I have alot of products LOL! (and ok internet speed) Anyway just put everything in the cue, had a cold one, went to bed, and several hours later I was set.

I really really really like the FTX3.

On 07/01/2017 at 9:09 PM, Triplane said:

Because of an HDD problem I had to re-install FSX today. Including all the ORBX scenery products. I don't know why, but I decided to not use my backup files. I reinstalled everything via the web with FTXCv3. I gotta tell you....something has changed. I've been one of those who have bitched about the download problem. But no more........I reinstalled every ORBX scenery product using FTXCv3 in less than five hours. Simply amazing. I don't know why this is so but it's restored my faith in the "new" ORBX.

Doug

Ever the pedant, I feel I must point out that you cant have something 'restored', that you didn't have in the first place! :D  I does work well doesn't it? It makes buy something simply because it's so easy!

AHAH! I've just discovered JV's cunning plan. <_<

11 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ever the pedant, I feel I must point out that you cant have something 'restored', that you didn't have in the first place! :D  I does work well doesn't it? It makes buy something simply because it's so easy!

AHAH! I've just discovered JV's cunning plan. <_<

Ah, but I did initially have faith in the new ORBX. It's only when I experienced the abysmal download speeds early-on that my faith wavered. But, now, all seems well here and, hence, my faith has been restored.....at least for now :)..........Doug

Archived