Difference between Open LC North America Vs All the NA products ? - Whats the difference ?

Plugger69

Greetings All,

I'm thinking of purchasing some more ORBX products and I'm looking at either some of the NA products (Northern/Southern Cal etc...) or Open LC North America.

If as I am assuming (Correct me if I am wrong) that Open LC North America covers all the areas that are in all the NA products for the USA, what is the difference between getting Open LC North America versus purchasing the NA products for the USA.

Looking for some guidance here and recommendations here on what to purchase please as I am sure that there is an explanation as to each products benefits.

Cheers,

Chris

An airport basically has the whole enchilada, all the layers, then some extra on top of that. While OLC adds much to all the rest it is not as detailed as a full fat airport and it's area.

As far as I understand it.

Hi Chris

The FTX Regionpacks supply everything you need in one package... landclass placement, vector placement (i.e roads, road traffic, shorelines, lakes, rivers), custom ground textures, custom autogen, POI models, hundreds of enhanced airports, photoreal sections for special places - for that specific region of the world

FTX OpenLC contains just the landclass placement and custom textures component but for the whole of North America, Alaska and Canada (it does require FTX Global base)... a larger area, at a lower level of detail, combine it with FTX Vector and a good terrain mesh (FS2010 or better) for best results

They all work seamlessly together btw, the FTX regionpacks will display in the areas they cover, Vector and OpenLC in the areas the the regions dont

To answer your question regarding additional mesh the answer is "Yes" it will. You will see the difference for example in the detail of the mountains in a Region like PNW with Ultimate NG versus having Ultimate NG disabled. Try  a flight near a mountain area in a region like PNW if you have it, and temporarily disable Ult NG, relying therefore on only the mesh within PNW. Then enable the NG mesh and compare.

Archived