An old year goes by - Let´s say bye bye to :-)

Dear Captains,

well ... an old year goes by ... As everything in life, it had it´s lovely and bad side ... it´s up and downs ... it´s strength and weaknesses. 

Yesterday was my last flight for 2016, may be time to look back a bit. 

When 2016 started, I would never have dreamed about that I would land in hospital for four month. Life is not always as you want to have it, but pretty much the thing you make out of it. 

So when my first steps of recovery started in March 2016, I had not pretty much in mind with flight simming, just making occasional flights to regain reactional abilities on advice of my cardio guy. 

Amusingly it was my wife, a friend of mine and a young Air Berlin Flight Trainee, that took me out of my personal tunnel in June and dragged me back into my once so loved A320 stationary Flight Simulator. And it worked.

In July I started intensify flight simming again, and in August decide to skip from X-Plane to P3d in August, putting aside some money for it.

In November, when XP 11 was announced, I decided to joined the crowd of P3d-Aviators. Well, and since December I am here. I have to say, I really like the sophisticated, posing-free sound in the screenshots forum here, as well as the politeness of the people posting here. Thank you for it ... 

And now - well from November on I made around 30 flights in prepar3d, taking me from Malta, to Italy, Switzerland and Austria. For 2017 I plan to head to Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, the United Arabian Emirates and - if time allows - India in my A320. (Personally, I am specialized to Airbus due to family issues. I am looking forward to the trips).

But anyway, what I would like to wish you all a lovely new year, a sucessfull and happy 2017, and plenty of health to you and your families :-)

Blue skies, Captains. 

Thorsten

PS: 

The software used in both pics were:

Platform:

- Prepar3d V3

Airports and Airliners:

- Aerosoft A320

- Rex Airports Worldwide HD

- WoAI Aircrafts (Freeware) 

Landscape

- Orb Global FTX

- Orb Vectors FTX

- Orb Open Landclasses: Europe

- Freemesh (Freeware)

Weather:

- Active Sky 2016

- Rex Textures and Softclouds

Post - Processing:

- PTA 2.01 with David Graham´s Script (Freeware). 

2016-12-30_16-24-20-781.jpeg

Archived