Introducing Stripe Checkout - the 2-Click purchase option for OrbxDirect

John Venema

Stripe's Disclaimer pretty much absolves them of any and all responsibility from anything...

I'm considering getting a Secured CC specifically to buy ORBx stuff, because I'm not liking even typing my CC info on a site with Zero liability for Anything.

But i'm not happy about it. So unhappy about it that I will wait and see if you guys resolve the PayPal dispute/issue...I can wait a few months to buy more scenery. Been finding some neat "other brand scenery" out in the Islands that are keeping me occupied while you all battle this out with Paypal.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

FSS is finished, stop living in the past. If you cannot take advantage of the sale for the next six days then so be it. I wish I could turn PP back on but they are being thugs, so we can't do business with them, sorry.

FSS is certainly not finished.To imply that is unfair.  It may be finished for ORBX but to my mind it is still continuing as a very efficient company.  I believe at times  you have a very condescending manner to your customers John who are for the majority courteous and concerned with getting things right. Your troubles with Pay Pal, as much as I sympathize, are not your customers' fault. By calling PP thugs helps no one especially those customers who have the right to demand the use of PP.  I've spent over $2500 on ORBX products and may buy more but not if my debit card is forced  to go through Stripe. 

Happy New Year

simdown42

5 hours ago, simdown42 said:

FSS is certainly not finished.To imply that is unfair.  It may be finished for ORBX but to my mind it is still continuing as a very efficient company.  I believe at times  you have a very condescending manner to your customers John who are for the majority courteous and concerned with getting things right. Your troubles with Pay Pal, as much as I sympathize, are not your customers' fault. By calling PP thugs helps no one especially those customers who have the right to demand the use of PP.  I've spent over $2500 on ORBX products and may buy more but not if my debit card is forced  to go through Stripe. 

Happy New Year

simdown42

I think he's saying is that ORBX is "finished" being sold at FSS. ;)

Cheers

Greg Z

Agree :(

very inappropriate!

7 hours ago, simdown42 said:

Happy New Year

simdown42

I think he's saying is that ORBX is "finished" being sold at FSS.

Of course that is what he is saying.  Simdown is no doubt aware of that, as well.

10 hours ago, simdown42 said:

Your troubles with Pay Pal, as much as I sympathize, are not your customers' fault. By calling PP thugs helps no one especially those customers who have the right to demand the use of PP. 

PP is not coming back, that has been clear enough for a day or two now.  So for those out there like you and me, it's now no longer about ORBX.  Its up to you and me to decide how to proceed. 

We can vote with our feet and walk, go elsewhere, buy other products to enjoy, and simply not buy anymore from these guys.  That is one option.  Or we can find another way, which is a pain in rear tail section for some -- but at least we can continue to do business with these guys, and enjoy their scenery.  We all agree that it is good quality stuff here, or we aren't on these forums. 

Either way is fine in my view, and it is a personal decision.  Nobody can tell you which way to go here.

Now that said, if I decide to walk and go spend my limited cash elsewhere, then I should understand that does not require a post here every other day, reaffirming my decision to do so.  Nobody cares anyway.  And I can go bitch elsewhere, if I am still bitter and angry and just need to vent.  Remember these forums belong to ORBX, and ORBX is a business. 

This thread was started by John to have a discussion about what they have done to accommodate those that might want to stay, and that is some new stripe features.  So given that it is now up to you and me to determine how to proceed, then it is my hope that this thread remains open for those that want an honest and open exchange of information about stripe and any other potential options that are out there.

Not a bad idea, actually.

2 hours ago, banjoman1960 said:

make a option in the store,that other can login and pay ,or buy  as a gift from there acount?  

Sell gift cards and/or credits.  This offers some real benefits:

** Those that cannot get or do not wish to get a CC can work with a buddy that does have one.

** Others that wish to limit their exposure can use a one-off card to pre-purchase enough 'store credit' to pay for a handful of sceneries all in one go.  They can then deactivate the card or change the number on it.  I'd probably do this myself.

** Improved cash flow for ORBX, as you would probably have some prepaid revenue for goods/service not yet realized.  It would be the exactly opposite situation as you have with PP now.  You'd have to account for it, of course, but I am sure your accounting software could keep up with that.  You could even introduce volume discount pricing for that 'buy in bulk', or pre-purchase sceneries before they are released.  You may not want to do that, in order to protect price integrity of your goods, and I get that, but the flexibility would be there. 

Hell, you could even sell the store credit vouchers on other websites.  Just mark them up a couple bucks so that there is an incentive for folks to buy direct.

What actually bothers me is the willingness to forego a substantial customer base (as it was stated in a thread I now can't find).  That customer base includes people like me who have been buying orbx products for nearly a decade.  People like me being supportive are how Orbx got big enough to no longer care about people like me.

Theres something really twisted there.

When it was stated that orbx was entirely investor supported and what people like me did or did not do was irrelevant, I stopped trying to buy things just to be supportive.  It was clear that I wasn't that important.  Now I'm made to feel that I'm the problem simply because I want the option to pay a certain way. 

I will figure out what I will do in the future but I really don't feel good about Orbx anymore.  Its just not a good feeling.

We understand that frustration that not having PayPal causes, but rehashing it does no good. PayPal has not unfrozen the account, and we cannot use them to process transactions until that point in time.

John will post updates on the situation as they occur. For now, happy holidays to all.

Archived