No changes after FTX Global P3D v3.4

MD82

Hello,

I have the same remark as some others recently regarding differences after FTX Global Base was installed. I fly the middle east a lot and that was the 1st region I

opened after installing. I didn't notice a difference really. So I went and started playing with the Scenery Library. Editing and re-selecting the designated folders.

Still no difference for me. I went to various airports and took screenshots, including Cairo (which is a screenshot in the FTX Global page). The only airport I noticed

a change was Riga in Europe. Here are the results (1st with the library entries active, and 2nd with the entries de-selected):

Cairo

MO9BbOs.jpg

RttRzot.jpg

Lakeland, FL

O9oLvJi.jpg

sRCLKyF.jpg

Curacao Island

483iHOd.jpg

z9Ufwhr.jpg

Guangzhou, China

PuvnIUK.jpg

0O9yqZu.jpg

Urumqi, China

SCu6CWf.jpg

iebLOqx.jpg

So I do not see any difference in those screenshots. Or maybe I am checking it the wrong way. This is my only ORBX product. It is installed together with the

December 2016 libraries and the ORBX folder is 4.39 Gb in size.

Regards,

Xander

Transaction ID: 5858505b716de

I suspect that there is something wrong.

The Orbx libraries are only 1.49GB, I would expect the Orbx folder to be around that

size with only Global installed.

Did you perhaps elect to back up your default textures and choose the Orbx folder as

the destination?

There are three scenery library entries added by FTX Global and FTX Central puts them

in the right place.

Hello guys,

sorry for the delays. After posting I started thinking that indeed the Global is a texture replacement. What I was

doing is deactivating and reactivating the 4 library entries in the P3D and trying to notice a difference. The 4 

entries are the Orbx library, EU, AA and NA LC. This didn't achieve any differences because I guess the only

way to achieve is to restore e defaults. In that case I presume that these photos are with FTX Global enabled.

Can anyone conform if the shots look correct of FTXGlobal? It is the only ORBX product I have installed.

The whole folder is 4.39 Gb, but inside FTX_AU is 1.5 Gb and FTX_OLC is 1.4 Gb.

The whole reason I posted is that I thought from the Cairo screenshot that the deserts of the middle east would

get a good re do, but I didn't notice a difference. But if the shots indeed are correct for and FTX Global intall the

we're god.

Thanks for the replies...

PS I backed up the textures to a separate hard disk.

Hello,

I think you have correctly installed the product but perhaps chosen a poor way to compare.

Here is a shot which you can replicate and use to compare with what you see.

2016_12_22_14_21_25_820.jpg

On the other hand, here are two shots which, I think you will agree, look very different.

Try a visit there and you will be convinced one way or another.

2016_12_22_14_32_34_373.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Archived