Shimmers and Jagged Edges

GrayRider

I'm still a user of FSX. I don't use DX10 either.

I'm adding screenshots of my NVidia Inspector MS Flight Simulator X profile, showing the settings I'm using. I'm sure some of my settings may or are causing my jagged edge issues, and shimmering, that is going on for me.

My in FSX display setting is set to Trilinear. and my Antialiasing box is unchecked.

So. I'm hoping others here in the forums, can provide changes I should make, to fix/cure the two issues mentioned above.

here are my FSX machine specs at the moment:

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot drive, OCZ Vertex4 512 GB SATA III for my FSX drive, Samsung 2TB 7200rpm SATA II for backup, Monitor - BenQ XL2420-B 24" ultimate LED Gaming Monitor.

Thanks for any feedback

THX

GrayRider

Shot1.png

Shot2.png

Hi, GrayRider.  First off, I would recommend setting Anisotropic instead of Trilinear and antialiasing ticked on.  I believe these are the recommended settings.  Also, in NI, allow the settings for antialiasing (Mode and Setting) to be application controlled and the same for anisotropic filtering mode should be set to application controlled.  Also, I have Antialiasing-Transparency Multisampling set to "disabled".  All of these settings I borrow from the Nvidia Inspector's users guide compiled by Adam Banks over at the DX10 subforum of Tips and Tricks.  But I believe these should work even though you are using DX9.

Stewart.

I tried your settings. It didn't help my current issues with my large amount of shimmering and jagged edges issues going on. I'm trying to figure out which of the setting in my screenshots above cure's all the shimmering I have going on, and what it should be changed to etc.

Same goes for my jagged edge's issues.

Maybe some other members here in the forums can provide some inputs to my issues. I sure can't buy any more orbx products until I get my FSX smoothed out. I'm almost positive. The cure for my issues is proper settings in my above screenshots.

GrayRider

It can be seen that the profile that you have posted is not linked to fsx.exe

which probably explains why it is having no effect.

The profile settings are fine and will do what you want them to but not unless

Nvidia Inspector is set to use them for fsx.exe.

Nick.

If you see my MS Flight Simulator X profile is not linked to fsx.exe Can you provide me with instructions/details, how and what I need to do in my NVidia Inspector to fix whats wrong?. How do you tell it's mot linked the my fsx.exe?. I've never had this kind of issue before. My fsx folder is on my F: drive.

GrayRider 

• 2 weeks later...

As Nick pointed out. Flight Simulator 10 is the same as the MS Flight Simulator X. I do know have Flight Simulator 10 now in use thru my NVI. The current settings I have assigned, have taken care of most of my shimmering and jagged edges issues. However. I still have some jagged issues still present. I still need to find out which of the settings I'm currently using, changes or improves or removes the jagged issues I still see on planes and at various locations on any field I may be sitting at having a look see. I hate these jagged edge issues seen when I'm moving around etc.

I'm adding two screenshots, of my most current NVI Flight Simulator 10 profile. One of the setting/values I'm using does remove or changes the jagged edge issues I still see, but which one?.

Thanks for any updates others can give me, related to which current value or values I need to change, and what value to use etc?.

FS10profileshot.png

FS10profileShot1.png

GrayRider

Hi GrayRider,

please find attached a Word .doc with my NI settings, although my NI is a more recent issue than yours, it is layed out differently.

I do have Steves DX10 fixer installed and my FSX runs very smoothly. FSX is set to unlimited fps, but NI has it running around 30fps.

Nvidia profile FSX 10 settings 16102016.docx

Hope it is a help to you,

Smudger.

Archived