KMRY sunken terrain

HeadlessHershel

I purchased KMRY today because of the sale. The manual states that without NorCal installed I would lose some functionality such as photoreal blending, moving traffic, lights, and houses. None of those really bothered me so I went and got it anyway thinking I would still be able to use the airport.  I do not have Orbx NorCal because of fps and vas problems around SFO. After loading into the scenery for the first time I noticed a huge cliff between 28L and 28R and some floating grass. I do not have vector installed anymore so I don't have the AEC tool. I do have all the recommended settings set and I've moved KMRY around in the scenery library but nothing has worked. I was under the assumption when purchasing that I would lose some functionality that wasn't even going to affect me, but there is no functionality with it now. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want the money I spent to go to waste. 

Thanks

Jarad

2016-12-3_20-1-33-6.jpg

2016-12-3_20-1-38-82.jpg

Hello Jarad,

Please see attached image, the page clearly displays the need for Norcal. And while Norcal is on sale you can take advantage of the sale. I do not have VAS issues in Norcal or an FPS issue, what specs are you running on your Pc please?

4DFYj0P.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The manual is a template that all developers use. It will be updated. Many airports only suffer from what you mentioned when you don't have the region installed (blending, traffic, etc) while others really DO need to have the connected region to function (because of the added, detailed mesh).

If it says on the product page that a region is required, that means it actually IS required - not optional.
This is set by the developer, based on results he get in testing with and without regions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Finni Hansen @Richard Lincoln Hi, its been nearly 2 months now and still no fix or solution. I don't want to be a pain, but if there is nothing that can be done then I would like a refund or an exchange. I'm aware that NCA is required for full functionality, but I never have, and still don't, have any intentions of buying it to get one airport to work. Especially when the manual for the airport itself said the airport would be functional enough to use without it. Thank you for your time.

Jarad

Hello Jarad,

I have just taken another look at this, I also checked out the PDF. The fact that KMRY is in the section North America will and would imply you need the correct Region, the only time a Region is not needed is for Ftx Global products, that said even those packages need other products to enhance compatibility. Please take the time to read the EULA agreement found here https://orbxdirect.com/eula  it is also at the end of the PDF your friend gave you. There is and was plenty of opportunity for you to investigate before making the purchase of KMRY, for this reason, and likewise others I have written, I can not issue you with a refund.

This is an image I took in the PDF of KMRY

2Olnohm.jpg

Archived