Norwegian Airports - SAS

Egbert Drenth

Hi,

It's nice to see that more and more Norwegian airports have been and are being developed.
Unfortunately all of them have relatively short runways, unsuitable for a B736 or A319 for example.

Being the owner of the Scandinavian VA (https://www.scandinavian-va.net/) and also speaking on behalf of our members, hopefully also a few larger airports will be developed.

To name a few: ENKR Kirkenes, ENBO Bodo, ENEV Evenes, ENVA Trondheim, ENAL Virga, ENHV Haugesund.

These are all a scenic airports and have ample runways so they also can be used by SAS and other carriers.

Until ENBO (and others) has been released you could use the freeware Airports of Norway which have been adapted to fit into Global etc. I am sure you already were aware of that freeware, running a Scandinavian VA and all, ;) but in case you missed it I thought I'd post it anyway. All airports you mentioned are in that package, along with of course ENGM, ENBR, etc. It's the best freeware package I know of, a real work of art: makes things look a lot more realistic. A world of difference. http://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/default.php?funct=dlAll

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Until ENBO (and others) has been released you could use the freeware Airports of Norway which have been adapted to fit into Global etc. I am sure you already were aware of that freeware, running a Scandinavian VA and all, ;) but in case you missed it I thought I'd post it anyway. All airports you mentioned are in that package, along with of course ENGM, ENBR, etc. It's the best freeware package I know of, a real work of art: makes things look a lot more realistic. A world of difference. http://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/default.php?funct=dlAll

I can only agree with J van E. Fantastic FREE airports and more are coming in the near future. Not to mention SwedenDesign 2016 with a new update in a few weeks.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Until ENBO (and others) has been released you could use the freeware Airports of Norway which have been adapted to fit into Global etc. I am sure you already were aware of that freeware, running a Scandinavian VA and all, ;) but in case you missed it I thought I'd post it anyway.

He is OWNER of the VA.  Probably pays somebody to run it.

Egbert -- just having a bit of fun with you (at your expense of course).  Glad you are here with us on these forums -- really great people here.

Bodo will be awesome, without a doubt, but only God knows when Tore will finish it.  The guy is the flight sim equivalent of Michelangelo, bit of a perfectionist I gather, and that level of art just takes time. 

And the AoN version is really quite good.  In fact I use their version of ENVA Trondheim Vaernes, since the AS version doesn't really work right in P3D.  And best of all, the whole thing is optimized for ORBX FTX NOR.  What else could you possible want?

As for ORBX, I mean they already have two developers over in that country blasting out airports for NOR -- Tore is one and Finni Hansen is also very good, he's doing Hammerfest for you now.  So who knows that they will do in 2017?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

Bit of a late reply but I didn't know there were additional responses.
Yes, I'm aware of AoN (in fact I have installed) and they look very good indeed. But for obvious reasons they are not of the quality of Orbx and other payware publishers.

On 11/19/2016 at 1:43 PM, Ripcord said:

He is OWNER of the VA.  Probably pays somebody to run it.

Hahaha, I wish I could B)
Nahhh seriously, although I'm the owner, of course I'm not running it alone. We have a great team and members.

• 2 years later...

Archived