A preview into German winter

Stillwater

It was getting cold here these days, so I even pushed the calendar forward into January to check the GEN winter. I headed southwards out of Porta Westfalica...

2016-11-6_19-28-11-39.jpg

... towards Brilon. Vector is fantastic here, the 180 deg corner under the tail of the Katana feels really endless in RL, and it is wise to follow the speed limit there.

2016-11-6_19-36Brilon.jpg

Here we are, in the Winterberg skiing area. The Remmeswiese to the left, Brembergkopf to the right. Easy to ride, but a pleasure (given snow is sufficient).

2016-11-6_19-42Winterberg.jpg

Winterberg "city", with the Kappe mountain to the left.

2016-11-6_19-44Winterberg.jpg

I went on to the Edertalsperre, with Schloß Edertal to the left...

2016-11-6_19-54SchlosEdertal.jpg

... and an overview with some warmer zone around.

2016-11-6_19-56-31-355.jpg

Below is Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe, another 3D-autogen object.

2016-11-6_20-3KS-Wilhelmshohe.jpg

Landing in Kassel-Calden is easy, there is not much traffic in this (useless) airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kassel_Airport , another "white elephant".

2016-11-6_20-14EDVK.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

John and Martyn, you guys have me ROLLING on the floor with these videos.  I was wondering the same thing myself!  I am laughing so hard right now tears are streaming from my eyes!  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Jack, I would much rather make someone happy than sad, glad you enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, I would much rather make someone happy than sad, glad you enjoyed it.

I could not agree more Martyn, I try as hard as I can to make people happy.  I loved Groundhog Day and man did I watch a lot of Monty Python.  I still listen to their CD's, they still crack me up.

Thanks to Gerold  for showing us my near surroundings in very pleasant pictures!!

Thanks to Martyn and John!!

I know Monty Python,but I do really really love Groundhog Day.I've seen it twenty times!?

Again thanks for pointing to it.

Scott

Thanks to @Voyager and @RJ, who commented on the same flight posted here...: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125419-a-preview-into-german-winter/#comment-1119937 

@andy1252 was the one who gave me positive feedback on this flight here...: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125417-a-preview-into-german-winter/#comment-1120058

While the majority of responses is collected under this version of a tripled post, funny malfunction obviously.

23 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Great German winterscapes Gerold, hope you put the heat on in the Diamond!

I did, it was warm enough here in my pilot´s chair...

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

John and Martyn, you guys have me ROLLING on the floor with these videos.  I was wondering the same thing myself!  I am laughing so hard right now tears are streaming from my eyes!  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With a little sense of humour life is so much better...

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Indeed. Thanks for your comments & media... ;-)

13 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Thanks to Gerold  for showing us my near surroundings in very pleasant pictures!!

Thanks to Martyn and John!!

I know Monty Python,but I do really really love Groundhog Day.I've seen it twenty times!?

Again thanks for pointing to it.

Scott

Groundhog day indeed fits well to the weather during my flight. What a coincidence.

12 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

This is one of the most awesome and inspiring set of shots I have seen in quite a while.  The sky textures are top quality.  10 out of 10 rating.

Thank you, PDX!

PS: I think it was the new Orbx weather 7, my favourite for Germany.

12 hours ago, mikee said:

Very Very Nice Set of Shots Gerold :rolleyes:

Weather just like on your island, I suppose?

21 hours ago, BradB said:

It must be groundhogs day around here :

How many post's do we have to endure Gerold . :D:lol:

Cheers

John

More & more & more... ;)

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Weather just like on your island, I suppose?

Hi Gerold ! Actually Nope or I Should better say : I wish  ... Still Summer in Cyprus . A bit Cold at Night around 10 C and during Day time around 20 -22 C . No rain at All and we need it Badly  !!! Hope we get Some soon .

Have a great Weekend ,

Mike

Archived