Night Flying Settings

Kian_Andrews

Hello there everyone,

I have a new pc arriving tomorrow which I have invested quite a large amount in!

Anyway...

Most of the flying I do on it through the winter will be in the dark. So I was wondering if anyone had the "ultimate" settings for the best night scenes. Is it just a case of putting the sliders as high as possible or is there a sweet spot?

Thanks,

One of the great things about flight simming is the massive variety of setups that can run it.

One of the most annoying things about is flight simming is the massive variety of setups that can run it.

;)

The problem with giving you an answer for this would be that it's hard to know just what you can achieve on your new rig as each and every rig appears to be different and get different results. Additionally, FSX is not P3D and they too give different results to each other, even on the same rig. The variables are just too numerous.

That said, a good rule of thumb is to start with all settings as high as they can go. Give the sim a try, and if you're not happy with the results, start tweaking things down.

In the case of night flying, and therefore night lighting, I would suggest keeping the autogen sliders as high as you can (which will maximise the density of the lighting) and move other settings down as a priority, but that's about the best I can say.

Let us know how you get on, and feel free to share some of your screenshots :)

Just now, KianA320 said:

Great Thank you @Rob Newman I thought just as much! Would there be anything that could be tweaked using the ORBX lights configurator or should I just leave it at default? Btw I'm running P3D New rig - i7-6700K Skylake 4.2GHz, Nividia GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo SSD 

That's entirely subjective. The Lights Configurator simply changes the size of the light globe effect, and the colouration to a degree. Some prefer more yellow lighting, some prefer more orange. View range can be slightly better if you use larger sized effects, but it's down to what you prefer.

Archived