Upgrading video card

mikee

Hello guys !  I would like to Buy a New Graphics Card for my Prepared3d3.4 . At the moment i have a Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb and i am considering to buy a Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb (It is much cheaper than a GTX 1080 ! ) . Will i see any Difference in Frames or Texture Loading or is it , Waist of money ?  Any help will be Appreciated .

Thank you ,

Mike

Will give you some more graphics capability for P3D with less stress on your system for sure, If you can stretch to a GTX 1070...I would highly recommend.

Just got latest NVIDIA drivers and the new Battlefield 1 looks jaw droppingly amazing...and of course so does my Orbx P3D World :)

The last 2 digits in the Nvidia GPU's numbers are the important ones, i.e. 60, 70, 80 - the higher the better. so, as I understand it a 980 card offers probably better performance than a 1060, even a 970 might be the better choice than a 1060.

I'm sure there are experts in this forum, who will correct me, If I'm wrong.

Thank you all for your Reply and Of Course for your suggestions ! I appreciated it :rolleyes:  GTX 1070 is around 150 euros more expensive than the GTX 1060 !

But Since it is much better , I will go ahead and buy the GTX 1070 ... Around Christmas :(

Thanks again ,

Mike

21 minutes ago, mikee said:

Thank you all for your Reply and Of Course for your suggestions ! I appreciated it :rolleyes:  GTX 1070 is around 150 euros more expensive than the GTX 1060 !

But Since it is much better , I will go ahead and buy the GTX 1070 ... Around Christmas :(

Thanks again ,

Mike

It is always good to wait...for better...

There is a comparison given between the 980 and the 1060 at the nvidia site. You may want to take a look. I think for the money you are looking to spend and the current price of the 1060, you will do well. Obviously the higher spec the GPU the better but not always financially viable.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060

Archived