Cannot install Global base fsx

Tobycoco

Hi all I am very desperate, I have purchased all 3 scenery products starting with Global base as the first layer.

I have downloaded it and unzipped the files.

However the installer does run but then asks me to select what products I want to install. But there are no options?????????? I cannot install anything?????

please could somebody help me as I don't want to waste all my money and was looking forward to my purchase.

I have now installed the registry tool and FSX is now showing up as an option. However when I select FSX and start installing I get a fatal error message from FTX central with this attached message on my desktop icon. Please could somebody help me????

Jonathan. order no:FSS0528168

ystem.docx

Apologies for my earlier rant, but I'm such a fan of the Orbx range and saved up my money to purchase all 3 scenery packs,

However I cannot seem to install the first global pack. I was so looking forward to installing and seeing the difference in scenery. I'm a massive flight sim fan too.

Please could somebody help me?

regards

Jonathan

yes now I have managed to install FTX central but when I "Apply Group" to the Base pack I get an error saying "There was an error in switching region" "cannot find path"

Is FTX Central not seeing the path for the Global base pack?

Please could you give me some advice?

I would be so grateful if somebody could help me please?

It can save a lot of time, as you don't have many sceneries.  If you're re-installing FSX-SE, after you uninstall make sure you delete the entire FSX-SE folder and restart before you reinstall from Steam.  That way you start with a fresh canvas.

Then, only install one add-on, then ORBXLIBS, then confirm the sim is working well, then the next add-on and so on.

so the best idea John is to just let it install to whatever path it wants to default too?

Ok I have totally removed everything and will try again.

I really appreciate all your help and will let you know how I'm getting on.

Thanks so much for helping me I really appreciate your time.

Would it be possible that somebody could send me or let me know how to arrange all the scenery that I add, in the settings of the flight sim game? I have made a bit of a mess of the library and want to do everything properly now that I am doing a fresh download of everything.

many thanks.

Archived