Problems with the MESH

Franz007

Hi

I own all 4 base products form ORBX and a few airports as well. I just purchased and installed PAJN Juneau but the mesh was wrong (big holes in the terrain). So i wanted to disable the AES in the "FTX Global Vector Configuration tool" as i already made for other airports (not from ORBX). But PAJN was not found in th list of airports i can choose from. I checked other airports and saw that many other are missing, even major ones like LSZH, LFPO etc.

In the first weeks i could easily deactivate the AES for every airport i tried. So it looks like something happened to that tool. Every major airport i am searching for in the list of airports (under "AEC is enabled for") could not be found.

I need your help please for fixing that wrong mesh-terrain at PAJN.

Thanks and cheers

Franz

EDIT: and here my cutsomer informations (from Flightsimstore):  PAJN Juneau Aiport  FSS0528236

Hi there,

at airports it's generally not the mesh that is the issue but overlapping flatten and airport reference files from different addons set to different altitudes.

Vector's AEC tool only lists and works on those airports whose elevations are actually altered by Vector itself! Those are the pairs of APT_{ICAO}.bgl files in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery and AEC_{ICAO}.bgl files in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery. If an airport hasn't been altered in altitude by Vector you won't find those files for that particular ICAO in those folders -- including LSZH, LFPO, and PAJN -- and thus it isn't included in the AEC tool list.

Thus, if you have an elevation issue at any of those airports then Vector isn't the culprit but rather some third-party add-on. Specifically to PAJN, if you search for "PAJN elevation" in this forum you'll find lots of previous posts indicating what add-ons might be involved. For example, http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/114741-pajn-elevation-problems/ and http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107960-pajn-pakt-fsx-elevation-problems/

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for your help.

Ok i understand a little bit better how AEC-tool works...

I read the links you gave. But i dont know which other add-on could interfere. Here you will find the list of all bgl-files with "PAJN" that are installed in my P3d-folder. All come from ORBX.

What can i do next?

Thanks again and cheers

Franz

16-10-2016 22-24-51.jpg

Hi. Yes it does mean you are missing ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL. The PAJN airport addon is required to have the NA Southern Alaska addon installed for it to work. This is noted in the details of the product. If you haven't got NA Southern Alaska you will have problems with PAJN.

Thanks, i just saw that...had to purchase NA Alska indeed. And everything seems to work now. But i am a little but surpised that the support didnt point me to that at first, since it is one of the most obvious reasons for having problems wit PAJN i guess.

It seem that recently there are quite a few people who have the idea that purchasing just the "base products" is going to allow their scenery to match the screenshots from ORBX.  Sorry but your only getting 'half the pig' so to speak.  FTX regions are the platform the payware airports are based on.  Without a base the house 'ain't gonna stand'.

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

Thanks, i just saw that...had to purchase NA Alska indeed. And everything seems to work now. But i am a little but surpised that the support didnt point me to that at first, since it is one of the most obvious reasons for having problems wit PAJN i guess.

I was surprised too. :rolleyes:

Archived