Minor issue at EDDI (Tempelhof)

Mike Sierra

I really love the new Germany North scenery! - Thanks to ORBX for THIS piece of art!

Electrified train tracks, many important POIs depicted in recognizeable way (I remember a default Brandenburger Tor, which was sized as if it was made for smurfs, don't know whether it was FS or already P3D), autogen cars vanish beyond implied bridges across highways (and the cars using the bridges continue their way!), ....

Most astonishing and fascinating - simply awsome!

The prize (and alas negative aspect) of this scenery is, that P3D seems to be brought to its limits - OOMs even with not-so-complex-nearly-standard-aircrafts....

But back top the topic:

snap0036364c3.jpg

THIS aircraft at EDDI.

It is depicted in the ground (photo?) texture.

It is NOT a 3D (AI-) model.

But it is an obstacle, causing collision crashes.

To be honest, not a thing, which makes GEN unuseable ;o), but at least a surprize, when trying to read the inscription on the Tempelhof Airport main buildings.

(The next thing I expect to be invented are autogen-trains on their - electrified - tracks....)

Can't hardly await Germany South...

Michael.

I doubt very much that a 2D aircraft on the imagery causes a crash. It's more likely the terminal building that comes from default FSX / P3D with a bounding box that is too large.

I'm afraid there's not much we can do about that except waiting for a really good Tempelhof airport scenery... ;)

Isn't that like saying considering Chicago Meigs field was closed and turned into a park, ORBX shouldn't have built one and sold it?  :lol:

And I'm gonna keep flying my FSX helicopter and landing it on the south lawn of the White House.  Even though it would be a good idea for me to not try that in real life either.  

2 hours ago, FalconAF said:

Isn't that like saying considering Chicago Meigs field was closed and turned into a park, ORBX shouldn't have built one and sold it?  :lol:

And I'm gonna keep flying my FSX helicopter and landing it on the south lawn of the White House.  Even though it would be a good idea for me to not try that in real life either.  

More like: Why should ORBX care that Tempelhof has no invisible objects to crash into at it's terminal, when the Airport isn't in use anymore. ;)

Archived