Can't install Open LC Europe

bailout3

I purchased this software a few weeks before I purchased a new pc. I had no problems installing it and it looked great on my old PC. Now I'm trying to install it in my new PC and am not sure what is happening. I DL the files and extract them one at a time  to a temporary folder.The files are listed 120.2 120.3 120.4 120.5 and 120.6 there is no exe file. what should I do now?

i have the same problem with slight variations....when the wrapper gets to show system used ie.FSX  it wont go any further?there is no items in the drop down?

As i am having such trouble with this i really would like some help.i am over 80 years of age and my memory isnt what it was but i do try to follow the rules but cant get anyone to help me...I only bought this add on today.order no FSS0524183.many thanks Muddy

On 9/24/2016 at 7:28 PM, bailout3 said:

I purchased this software a few weeks before I purchased a new pc. I had no problems installing it and it looked great on my old PC. Now I'm trying to install it in my new PC and am not sure what is happening. I DL the files and extract them one at a time  to a temporary folder.The files are listed 120.2 120.3 120.4 120.5 and 120.6 there is no exe file. what should I do now?

Hi bailout3,

If your temporary folder is not like this below, repeat the process of decompression of the four files downloaded again.

a.

openLCEUtemporaryfolder.jpg

Muddy, if you have those 21 files, so you can see the size of each one; if they are equal those shown here, search for other causes. If not others, see the instructions in the screenshot.

See if you have an active antivirus. If you have, disable it temporarily while installing.

Cheers,

Voyager

18 hours ago, Muddy said:

hello Nick i have since stopped my anti virus and  checked that the fsx opens when i exit the checker but with no luck?

Any more clues would be gratefully recieved many thanks Muddy

On 9/28/2016 at 9:25 PM, Nick Cooper said:

FSX Registry Utility,

The installer can only work with what it finds in the Windows Registry.

If there is no correct entry for a simulator, it will report that there is none

and the drop down menu will indeed be empty.

The FSX Registry Utility I referred to is designed to add the registry entries

required and in doing so, adds FSX to the drop down menu.

Archived