KBZN - Bozeman Yellostone loop (4K)

Rob Ainscough

Funny you should mention what Orbx have done ... I watched "SLOW TV" Nordnorge (cruise ship) program on NetFlix a few nights ago and was in awe by the scenery and beauty of Norway ... but what surprised me the most was that I could recognize bridges, buildings, locations, the red/white homes, even the rock formations.  It's those details that really made me appreciate just how much work Orbx devs have put into their products.

I've never been to Norway, but that MS Nordnorge cruise is definitely on my list of things to do/see (soon).

Cheers, Rob.

Nice flight Rob. Great scenery settings.

I see you have the FMS active with Navigraph, am I right?

Since the FMS (navigraph) is giving me a serious drop down in frame rates, I would like to know what kind of harware you use.

Cheers,

Ben.

Yes, FMS is active, but I was not on a flight plan ... just a quickie loop.  CPU is 5960X @4.6Ghz HT OFF, Titan X's (not Pascal yet) in SLI, SSDs, Win10.

I missed the post-forest fire ... have to take another look, that is an amazing detail!  ATC is non-interactive ... live feed from Http://www.liveATC.net ... no feeds were up for Montana area so I just use their KLAX live feed since it's almost always up and active (probably would have made more sense to use KSEA as a backup).

Cheers, Rob.

52 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, FMS is active, but I was not on a flight plan ... just a quickie loop.  CPU is 5960X @4.6Ghz HT OFF, Titan X's (not Pascal yet) in SLI, SSDs, Win10.

I missed the post-forest fire ... have to take another look, that is an amazing detail!  ATC is non-interactive ... live feed from Http://www.liveATC.net ... no feeds were up for Montana area so I just use their KLAX live feed since it's almost always up and active (probably would have made more sense to use KSEA as a backup).

Cheers, Rob.

No wonder it sounded so great!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived