URGENT help needed Lclookup.bgl files missing FSX not loading after Orbx installation

mike_fuller

Urgent help needed please.I'm completely unable to start my FSX flight sim after installing Orbx software.

Order number FSS0512808

Yesterday I downloaded and installed  FTX: NA Gold USA Northern California.
I already use many third party add-ons including several other Orbx areas without any  problems.
 The installation seemed to go smoothly but when I tried to start flight sim I got the following message:

"the Lclookup.bgl is missing or damaged. Please reinstall Flight simulator to resore or repair the file.
Flight Simulator will now exit"

Please help I have no idea what to do. Everything was working perfectly before this installation,

Thanks
Mike

In Addition when I load FTX Central 2 I get a terrain configuration error in a red box as well as the details.
I wondered if this was connected with the above problem or yet another caused by this installation.

Urgent! And all caps yet! URGENT!!

Well you got my attention.

I always thought urgent was escaping the fires outside of Los Angles, a hot water tank blowing and flooding ones house, your kids setting your house on fire, falling off a ladder and breaking an arm and needing medical attention urgently....you know that sort of thing.

Help needed works for me regarding any matter flightsim related. Just saying...but we do know what you mean...it can seem like a big deal at the time.

Sorry to offend anyone by using capitals! This is my first time on a forum in all my years of flying FSX, so nit sure of the protocols.

.  I have used email support in the past for specific problems with other software, but yes, I suppose I am panicing because this is the first time I have had a problem which causing FSX to refuse to load. 

So any help and advice gratefully welcomed

Thanks

Mike

Just poking fun at you Mike.

I can't remember the procedure for fixing this.  But there are backup lclookup.bgls located under Orbx>Scripts.

and some bat files for application.

I am busy on some other stuff but try a couple searches here for lclookup might find someone has already dealt with this.

I'm using FSX deluxe edition installed from DVD. It was pre-installed and set up for me when I bought this PC 2 years ago. (although I do have the discs)

I  upgraded the OS from windows 7 to windows 10,  3 months ago but everything has been running remarkably smoothly until the install done 2 days ago.

I have been flying with Microsoft Flight sim for over 10 years. I've had many mishaps and gremlins but this is genuinely the first time the main the main programme  won't even open, so please forgive the panic and urgency!

Mike

I've also tried all the troubleshooting on my FTX Central display. I've tried running the error report and have been given a reference ot1dd5aa4a6abd88bd3b6ce9fdd187da56

which it says to send to Orbx staff. However as there is no email address I assume I'm meant to post it on here.

Thanks Mike

Hi,

There is a sub forum in the Payware support forum for Unified Lclookup support:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/210-unified-lclookup-support/

It suggests running the trouble shooter before posting for support.  As you installed a region I assume there was some sort of migration process which may be the cause of your issues and running the troubleshooter could help.

Find "MigrationTroubleshooter.exe" in the folder "FSX/ORBX/Troubleshooter" and run that.

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, scottharmes6 said:

Hi,

There is a sub forum in the Payware support forum for Unified Lclookup support:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/210-unified-lclookup-support/

It suggests running the trouble shooter before posting for support.  As you installed a region I assume there was some sort of migration process which may be the cause of your issues and running the troubleshooter could help.

Find "MigrationTroubleshooter.exe" in the folder "FSX/ORBX/Troubleshooter" and run that.

Cheers,

I posted this suggestion in the post#2, and the OP said he already did this in post#5.....

Hi Thanks for the replies. However I have already tried the troubleshooting and I have an error reference that I#m not sure what to do with!

Posted yesterday:

I've also tried all the troubleshooting on my FTX Central display. I've tried running the error report and have been given a reference ot1dd5aa4a6abd88bd3b6ce9fdd187da56

which it says to send to Orbx staff. However as there is no email address I assume I'm meant to post it on here.

Thanks Mike

The troubleshooter showed that the 2 regions I have currently installed , Northern California and Pacific Northwest, migrated correctly.

However I am still getting the terrain configiration error when I open FTX central. and the missing .bgl file notice when I try to open FSX.

Mike

UPDATE.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far. My Flight simulator is now working and I can fly again.

However I still have problems with scenery. ALL the TREES are now missing from all areas, both my Orbx areas in North American  and the FSx default scenery ( I tried a UK airport as a random example).

Again this has only happened since my recent download of Northern California.  I have followed all the instructions. The 2 north american areas I have installed appear to have migrated correctly but there is an anomoly on my FTX central 2 as I cannot configure Pacific Northwest. I have (hopefully) attached screenshots of both.

Can anyone help or do I need to raise a new forum post.

Thanks again

Mike

migration.PNG

ftx central.PNG

Hi, If you mean the settings accessed through flight sim itself when all loaded and ready to fly, then Yes I have tried altering these and there is no difference.

However if you mean altering something in the config files, then I don't know where to start looking.

I have added / altered these files in the past but always with specific instructions of where to go and what to do when I get there! 

Thanks 

Mike

Archived