YMML texture problem

Mallard

I am seeing the same darkened areas as shown in Mallard's screenshots.

Otherwise, all looks superb, with excellent frame rates, especially given the complexity of this new version and of the surrounding area. Also, owning version 2, the generous first 30 day discount is appreciated.

I can confirm also seeing those black textures and what seems to be an unnatural slope east of runway 27

UPDATE: Ok I was able to trace that slope thing. I have FreeMeshX Australia Oceania and deactivating that solved the "Slope Issue". Looks more natural now. Would be nice to trace the FreeMeshX files used for Australia and New Zealand, to keep the ones not covered my Orbx. I'll try and figure it out, but would welcome any suggestions on that.

Good to hear that I'm not alone re: the texture :) The slopes might be appearing because I use a 30m mesh, but I'm not too worried abut that.

@ Turbulent: Looking forward to the patch. And thanks for an otherwise beautiful piece of work.

Cheers

Mallard

Well apparently there really are slopes east of runway 27. I am using FreeMeshX (also Australia and Oceania to cover regions outside of AU/NZ) and with it active it shows very harsh and steep slopes, with it inactive it shows more natural slopes. But with it active strangely enough I was able to fix a terrain issue I had with Sydney when FT YSSY was active. Anyway I located the single file that includes Melbourne so I can have it active for everything else (including the "fix" for Sydney). If anyone is interested and also uses FreeMesh, the filename is "S40E140.bgl". I just changed the extension to ".OFF".

But as mentioned already said slopes might actually be that harsh and steep in real life.... that's what I wanted to have confirmed ;-).

And yes I, too am very impressed. Especially in terms of performance.

I've also got those same problems east of RW27, and is there

suppose to be zero moving road traffic around the vicinity of the airport? 

Otherwise looks great.

cheers

Gumby

8 hours ago, Mallard said:

Good to hear that I'm not alone re: the texture :) The slopes might be appearing because I use a 30m mesh, but I'm not too worried abut that.

@ Turbulent: Looking forward to the patch. And thanks for an otherwise beautiful piece of work.

Cheers

Mallard

hi !

FTX central installed something at last after installing YMML, if that was the latest LIB, then i installed it.

btw. disabled 3D grass again as recommanded, had extrem OOMs in p3Dv3.3.5 and even did not move out from gate, i still watching out the VAS usage now after disabling 3D grass

srrwerwerw.jpg

My understanding is they are still working on a fix for these texture issues

plus a number of other issues, hopefully won't be to far away. 

cheers

Gumby

2 hours ago, 1976er said:

hi !

FTX central installed something at last after installing YMML, if that was the latest LIB, then i installed it.

btw. disabled 3D grass again as recommanded, had extrem OOMs in p3Dv3.3.5 and even did not move out from gate, i still watching out the VAS usage now after disabling 3D grass

srrwerwerw.jpg

Would this missing texture be the cause of a 2 to 3 second pause I have with YMML V3? I consistently get this pause in the same place, intercepting the RWY27 ILS between MAITE and VISAS and can repeat it.

I installed V3 over the top of V2 which I have had for years (without issue) and until I installed V3, had never had such a pause with the old version on my system (Windows 10, i7-6700K 4.6ghz, GTX1080, 16GB RAM, FSX Gold, DX10Fixer).

Regards,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On AirDailyX News in the past couple of days, there have been an article and posts about two recent Turbulent Designs products.

In the course of those posts, someone asked the representative of Turbulent what the state of play is for the YMML v3 patch.

About twelve hours ago, Greg Jones of Turbulent posted by way of reply:

"The YMML patch has been delivered to Orbx and I believe is still undergoing testing."

Any idea from the Orbx end as to when the patch is likely to be ready for release?

Gary

8 hours ago, Gartro said:

On AirDailyX News in the past couple of days, there have been an article and posts about two recent Turbulent Designs products.

In the course of those posts, someone asked the representative of Turbulent what the state of play is for the YMML v3 patch.

About twelve hours ago, Greg Jones of Turbulent posted by way of reply:

"The YMML patch has been delivered to Orbx and I believe is still undergoing testing."

Any idea from the Orbx end as to when the patch is likely to be ready for release?

Gary

When we're ready to release it.

On 18 September 2016 at 8:40 PM, Ed Correia said:

When we're ready to release it.

Hi Team,

Can you please test the patch at night? In the V3.0 I just did my first night flight and the RWY lights viewed side on i.e taxiing on the parallel to RWY34 and looking through the First Officers window are like 1m high white sticks. If you fly around in the Trike like I did afterwards to check, all RWY lights are like that. It is almost like they have a 2D square emitting the light.

I re downloaded and then re-ran the latest library and it was the same.

I could not find any mention of this anywhere so thought it must be my system and started to troubleshoot. However, in searching for information, I came across the developers Facebook site and found photo's of the airport during development and there is a photo showing exactly what I see. So I stopped trouble shooting because it seems like the airport was delivered like that?

Here is a link to the actual Turbulent Facebook photo. Enlarge the original it and look at the RWY lights.

Just for completeness, I do run W10, i7-6700K 4.6ghz GTX1080 16GB RAM FSX/Acc Boxed with DX10 Fixer and run YMML on AUS SP4.

Kind regards,

Mark

Order #FSS0509897 (Completed)
Order Date: Wednesday 10 August, 2016 (2016-08-10) Order Total: $10.00

31 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Patch is about to be released.

The lights do look odd from the side, but that's how they have designed them - to be visible front on and from a distance.

Thanks Ed, as it is a design feature, I will leave it at that. I have never seen that technique before, so thought something was wrong.

I'm not sure if it was what I would have gone with, but I can't design an airport at all...

30 minutes ago, Friedi Gulder said:

Hi Mark,

Turbulent have done a great job. It's like real life. The yellow stripes reflect light more than the tarmac

Cheers. Friedi.

I agree Friedi, it is an excellent reproduction of an airport I am intimately familiar with. 

Thank you both. 

Archived