Problem with SP5 England download

Chivenor Chopper

Hi,

I've just been trying to download the SP5 England update, and have so far been unable to open the file!

I've used both the links in Ed's release announcement post, when downloading via the MYFTX mirror link, the download is interrupted after about 8 or 9% of the download (say 6 or 7 minutes to run), then when I resume the download, it picks up at 10/11% but the time to run reduces from the 6 minutes, down to 2 to 3 minutes. After 25% has downloaded, the file opens via adobe reader; when I attempt to extract the file using 7zip, I receive unable to open file!

Anyone else experiencing problems?

I did also try the download via Google Drive, but the download failed with this as well!

Can anyone advise please?

Chivenor Chopper 

I've checked re-downloaded the two files and the zips are intact. I used Free Download Manager for downloading and had no issues.

I also wonder why a zip file would have been opened by Adobe Reader, sounds like you need to re-associate zip files to something like WinRAR or 7-zip.

What about trying without a download manager to see if that makes a difference? I use IDM (Internet Download Manager) - which normally works well, but even that one loses the plot sometimes on resuming if the d/l is interrupted.

Have you got enough space on your destination drive?

Adam.

Hi Ed and Adam,

I've always downloaded ORBX FTX zipped files via adobe reader, then opened/extracted files with 7zip without any problems before; can't understand it at all!

I'm going to try the download again and see what transpires!

One other thing that I've noticed now, is that I have to sign in twice to the ORBX forum, is that something new?

I'll report back, after my next download attempt, thanks for your patienceuys.

Chivenor Chopper

Hi again Guys,

Still no luck I'm sad to say; have tried the download via both available mirrors. The MY FTX one still interrupts at 12% of the download, which I resume.

Then when I try to extract the files from the download all I get is 'unable to open as archive!' As for the other mirror Google Drive; it downloads and then when the download has finished, it is nowhere to be found!

I'm stumped!

I've even tried to open the previous SP4 EU ENG, and have no problem at all opening and extracting files from that one; JUST SP5, which is named OrbxFTXEUENG150.

I do hope someone can help, 'cos I really want to have this scenery installed! After all, I asked for some of the POIs myself!

Chivenor Chopper

Thanks Nick,

You usually come to the rescue when I need help!

I'm rather confused as to what is meant by remove the association? What do I do in order to accomplish that Mate please?

Then, how should I go about the download process? I'm sorry if I'm being thick, but this has really flummoxed me on this occasion!

Chivenor Chopper

Find a .zip file and right click on it.

In the list you will see open with, select that and from the drop down menu,

select choose another app.

Select 7zip if it is in the list and tick the always use this app to open .zip files.

If it's not in the list, select Windows File Explorer instead and do the same.

Then click on OK.

This is Windows 10, the wording might be slightly different in another

Windows version but the method is the same.

As to downloading, use a download manager, if you don't already.

Archived