Thanks for England SP 5

anfield ace

I'm glad someone has mentioned the Runcorn Bridge- it was the first thing I checked out in the update. To be honest I'm disappointed in it. The default bridge used in FSX actually looked like Runcorn Bridge and so I assumed  this England update would be as good/ better but it doesn't quite do it justice. I'm tempted to think I'm being too critical but I remember the original FSX version of the bridge being surprisingly good.

That aside, thanks for the England service pack.

5 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Chelmsford still has it's smoking chimney stack. I'm growing quite fond of it. :rolleyes:

Hi mate, no request, no change

On 02/08/2016 at 6:25 PM, anfield ace said:

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank Richard, for all his hard work for the new POI's, especially for Lincoln Cathedral (Near where I live), and the Runcorn Bridge (Near my old home town of Liverpool)...

Cheers,

Thank you. Very nice place I would visit in real ;)

6 hours ago, Richard Bui said:  

Hi mate, no request, no change

Mentioned it several times in this forum but it suffered 'tumbleweed' syndrome.

Sorry not to me as I came lately on the project. That's why I told people to report with factual information as there is no compilation of past discussion about issues

Hi Richard

Many thanks for all your hard work improving FTX England, not just by changing any errors reported but by the way that you managed the requests as they came in (not an easy task).

I am particularly pleased with the changes that you made to the Channel Islands, a great place to visit either personally or virtually.

Kind regards

Ian

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi Richard

Many thanks for all your hard work improving FTX England, not just by changing any errors reported but by the way that you managed the requests as they came in (not an easy task).

I am particularly pleased with the changes that you made to the Channel Islands, a great place to visit either personally or virtually.

Kind regards

Ian

Thank you Ian. I was on vacation in Jersey 2 years ago and that's really a great place with sweet ambiance. Food aredelicious too. One thing very funny is most of indications and the name of locations are written into French but no one speak the language

2 hours ago, robrooke said:

hi,

do not touch the chelmsford smoking chimney, its part of english heritage & besides Ron would be totally lost without it.

regards

You expect me to come back with some witty repartee don't you? Well I'm not going to. :P

Well, here is what I have to say on EU England and the update....

I just got a new 34" Ultra Wide LG monitor a couple days ago, I downloaded and installed the latest EU England SP5 yesterday, and then last night I loaded up my trusty A2A Spitfire and took off from Fairoaks airfield, and headed to Compton Abbas. OMG, EU England has never looked so good! Between the Ultra Wide monitor, and the updates to the scenery, I am looking at the England scenery with renewed interest. It is gorgeous! Before, when flying over the England scenery, even with FTX Global Mesh 2010 installed and all the Orbx goodness (HD Trees, all the EU regions, FTX airports), it looks kind of flat and featureless. Of course, there are exceptions in some of the hillier areas, but by and large, the EU scenery was enjoyable, but I just wasn't spending as much time flying there as I was the West Coast of the USA, Norway and New Zealand. But now, with the aid of the UltraWide monitor, I am seeing all the details so much easier. I can see the little draws and creekbeds, the hedgerows and farmers plots, the small rises and dips in the geography. It's a whole new look! Bottom line, it's causing me to re-discover the EU scenery and I am loving it! So, I know the update was fixing and adjusting details that I would not be aware of since I have never set foot down in that part of the World, but I am appreciative of all the hard work just the same. I can't wait to get home and explore more tonight and rediscover what is not new but IS new! Great work!!:D

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, here is what I have to say on EU England and the update....

I just got a new 34" Ultra Wide LG monitor a couple days ago, I downloaded and installed the latest EU England SP5 yesterday, and then last night I loaded up my trusty A2A Spitfire and took off from Fairoaks airfield, and headed to Compton Abbas. OMG, EU England has never looked so good! Between the Ultra Wide monitor, and the updates to the scenery, I am looking at the England scenery with renewed interest. It is gorgeous! Before, when flying over the England scenery, even with FTX Global Mesh 2010 installed and all the Orbx goodness (HD Trees, all the EU regions, FTX airports), it looks kind of flat and featureless. Of course, there are exceptions in some of the hillier areas, but by and large, the EU scenery was enjoyable, but I just wasn't spending as much time flying there as I was the West Coast of the USA, Norway and New Zealand. But now, with the aid of the UltraWide monitor, I am seeing all the details so much easier. I can see the little draws and creekbeds, the hedgerows and farmers plots, the small rises and dips in the geography. It's a whole new look! Bottom line, it's causing me to re-discover the EU scenery and I am loving it! So, I know the update was fixing and adjusting details that I would not be aware of since I have never set foot down in that part of the World, but I am appreciative of all the hard work just the same. I can't wait to get home and explore more tonight and rediscover what is not new but IS new! Great work!!:D

Glad you enjoy it mate. The spit is in its microcosm. I also invested into a UW monitor and I admit it's as good as a triplehead display !

4 minutes ago, Richard Bui said:

Glad you enjoy it mate. The spit is in its microcosm. I also invested into a UW monitor and I admit it's as good as a triplehead display !

Yes, it as good as the Triple Head except it's much easier to setup an UW monitor, and there are no bezels in the middle of the view ;)

"But next service pack should be fine for Chelmsford. Don't miss it"

That sounds promising. Can I put in an early bid for the famous "black sheds" at Farmborough? Meanwhile, thanks for SP5. At last I can fly over the Tamar bridges without suppressing a shudder.☺

On 8/5/2016 at 6:54 PM, Sniper31 said:

Yes, it as good as the Triple Head except it's much easier to setup an UW monitor, and there are no bezels in the middle of the view ;)

Sniper which model did you buy, LG seem to have several ! Also what are the actual screen dimensions.

I'm sending out hints for a Fathers Day treat, :)

22 minutes ago, Amord said:

Sniper which model did you buy, LG seem to have several ! Also what are the actual screen dimensions.

I'm sending out hints for a Fathers Day treat, :)

LG 34" model# 34UM68 UltraWide

Thanks Sniper, is the 34" corner to corner as usual screen sizing ? I have a 32" TV screen that is about 27" wide by 15.5" high? So I wondered how it shaped up that way.

Edit: Ok I just found it in the specs page;

DIMENSIONS/WEIGHT

Without Stand (WxHxD)32.7" x 15" x 1.9"

1 hour ago, Amord said:

Thanks Sniper, is the 34" corner to corner as usual screen sizing ? I have a 32" TV screen that is about 27" wide by 15.5" high? So I wondered how it shaped up that way.

Edit: Ok I just found it in the specs page;

DIMENSIONS/WEIGHT

Without Stand (WxHxD)32.7" x 15" x 1.9"

Hi there Amord, sorry I didn't get back to you with the actual screen dimensions. I was caught up watching the Olympics. Glad you were able to find the specs though. I am absolutely loving this monitor btw. ;)

I found one over here for $665, probably a bit more than you might expect over in your neck of the woods.

By the way I thought I'd try out the England SP5, took a trip from Ireland to the Isla of Man and it was pea soup fog !! Sometimes ASN is just too realistic.

I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread.

Archived