openLC NA Missing library entry

pivo11

Hello,

Installed openLC and everything appeared to go correctly but looking at my library, I see only NA1 and NA2.  There is no NA "lights" entry.  Should I uninstall and try again or can I reinstall and overwrite?  Thanks.

Cheers,

Fritz

While I appreciate the members pointers and all, it would be nice if someone from Support would chime in on this.  I've re-downloaded all the files and re-installed and the problem persists.  Thanks.

Cheers,

Fritz

When you are a few k feet  above an urban area, OLC or not, have your highways an orange glow ?  If you've, OLC lights are working.  

The light entry is not with the OLCNA entries. In my rig, it has been curiously crammed between two of my regions, below SCO (last purchase between OLCNA) and above CRM, knowing that my two insertion points are set and working (OLC and FTX). So, if you have plenty of OrbX stuff, look carefully again, line by line (don't put your finger on the screen though it may leave as stain) .

Same problem here - no scenery.cfg entry for FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS.

If someone can tell me where exactly this should be placed in the scenery library, then I can add it manually, as the folder exists in my ORBX folder ok, just hasn't been added.

Thanks

Jack

It's alphabetical, so look for your group of FTX entries beginning with FTX and it should be there. It is meant to be place at a higher priority than the NA Regions and Airports. 

If you are missing the Lights entry the go to the ORBX/Scripts folder and run FTXConfigurator.exe. 

23 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

It's alphabetical, so look for your group of FTX entries beginning with FTX and it should be there. It is meant to be place at a higher priority than the NA Regions and Airports. 

If you are missing the Lights entry the go to the ORBX/Scripts folder and run FTXConfigurator.exe. 

Ok, thanks, Ed.  I ran the configurators and now I do have an entry in my scenery.cfg file but still no library entry.  So, if I add "OLC Lights" to my library manually, I should place it above all NA Regions and Airports?

Cheers,

Fritz

Now I wonder if I have a layering problem, as well.  I see in another thread that the NA1 and NA2 are placed immediately below EuropeLC1.  Mine have been placed below all the Europe entries.  What should the library order be?  Here's what I have, minus the "OLC Lights" entry, because I don't know where to put it yet.

lib_zpsbsq5fvcc.jpg

Cheers,

Fritz

This is correct, Fritz. Look for the lights entry in the upper block FTX_NA... I missed it, at first, too. It should be above all region entries (in my case it's above FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY)., just before the FTX_EU... entries start.

Kiund regards, Michael

22 minutes ago, pivo11 said:

Now I wonder if I have a layering problem, as well.  I see in another thread that the NA1 and NA2 are placed immediately below EuropeLC1.  Mine have been placed below all the Europe entries.  What should the library order be?  Here's what I have, minus the "OLC Lights" entry, because I don't know where to put it yet.

lib_zpsbsq5fvcc.jpg

Cheers,

Fritz

Looks perfect to me, as Michael said, the Lights should be just above your NA entries.

Hi Ed,

ran the FTXConfigurator.exe and that did indeed add the entry for the lights to my scenery.cfg. Don't know why this didn't work first time, this is the first ORBX product (and I have them all) which has not worked straight out of the box for me. All good now though!

Cheers

Jack

13 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

Hi Ed,

ran the FTXConfigurator.exe and that did indeed add the entry for the lights to my scenery.cfg. Don't know why this didn't work first time, this is the first ORBX product (and I have them all) which has not worked straight out of the box for me. All good now though!

Cheers

Jack

It has me confounded as well. These exes run after every installer so I'm scratching my head why its randomly failing for some users.

Archived