KMRY - Elevation Problem?

boleyd

KMRY is about 50ft above the underlying terrain leaving large holes outside of the runways and apron.

I reinstalled the product but no change. I then ran the Elevation Correction process - no change.

Central 2 shows no updates available.

G'day Boleyd, 

There are a couple of possible causes for your elevation problems at KMRY; 

1. As Stewart Mentions, just make sure your copy of NCA is installed as this is required (and does affect the KMRY elevation). Some users have reported similar issues that have been fixed by re-installing NCA (even if it is currently installed).

2. If you run My Traffic, you will need to disable the KMRY APX file that comes with My Traffic - have a read of this topic and this topic for more information. 

3. Just check that you don't have any other addons that may be conflicting with KMRY. 

Let me know how you go,

Cheers,

Jarrad

I reinstalled Northern California (AKA NCA). The problem with wrong elevations solved.

BUT, the underlying problem remains. That problem is why did it happen. Everyone is quick to move on and simply call these events a "quirk". Few, if any, care as to why. You should never have to reload software that was working. This is not a case of a misapplied feature/function selection. That does not exist for this product relative to the problem. There is a long, and robust, trail of GLITCHES for almost any program using a personal computer. Some components in these home computers are possibly far from any commercial standard, witness a recent capacitor controversy.

As more reliance is placed not only on PCs smartphones are being loaded with all kinds of information that is processed by APPs that often have to cut corners to fit in the tiny computers. There seems to be less concern about the smartphone events than a PC. Maybe customers equate size to security and demand more from the big computer. Or, there is more, and BETTER, antivirus/malware protections where the resources permit robust applications.

Archived