restore fsx textures?

Mike Ryder

Mike,

the Global Manual does not have instructions either but you can re-install the FSX default textures by using the FSX installation disks to do a repair of FSX.  This will replace the Global textures with the original FSX textures.

Hi guys,

actually, running a FSX/P3D repair is a bad idea if you have a sim loaded with add-ons because it will indiscriminately overwrite any default files that have been altered by those add-ons and thus likely create more issues than it solves.

There is an uninstaller for Global Base ("Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal.exe") located in the \ORBX\Scripts folder.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the info Holger.  Looked in my Scrpts folder and no such uninstall exists??

I have an FTX Global folder with a backup folder that has three folders Custom.au, Custom.eu and Custom na all of which are empty????
An Agent Ransack search of my FSX folder did not find any uninstall .exe file for Global.

Would you recommend re-installing Global?

Hi Spud,

I checked with Ed and he confirmed that the current Global Base installer contains the "Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal.exe". If you don't have it and anticipate having to uninstall Global Base then re-installing from the current FSS installer is probably the best approach. If you do so, and already have made a backup of the default textures during your previous installation, don't make another backup -- at least not into the same folder -- otherwise you'll overwrite the default set with your current Global Base set.

Cheer, Holger

Holger,

I re-downloaded Global 1.4 from my FSS account and installed it once more and the installer reports a successful install.  I did NOT backup the textures as those would have been the replacement Global textures.

Searching my entire FSX folder does not find any uninstall .exe file for Global just as before. The only thing I can think of is its missing because I do not backup the textures as I have no intention of reverting to default FSX textures in the future.

Ed,

Just finished another search of my complete HD (C:\) using agent Ransack with zero results for this file:

*Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal.exe*

That file is not on my HD anywhere.

Can I get a reminder where to find the Add/Remove Programs folder as a search for *Add/Remove Programs* also has zero results.

I found that section in Control Panel but the file is still not listed.   As I said there is no such file anywhere on my HD.  Not a biggy as I do not intend to revert to FSX Default(sucky) textures.  Just curious why I can't find any uninstaller as advertised.

Could it be that no uninstaller is available as I did not back up old textures? 

Actually couldn't do that as I re-installed Global v1.4 over the top of my previous v1.4 to try and get the uninstaller to show up.

Archived