New Orbx Libraries update

FireRx

Downloading from  https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs isn't any faster. I'm at 1.1 GB and 4 hours in. My Verizon speed test shows 90+Mbps. I can download a 1 GB product from FSS in 10 to 12 minutes. Something isn't working well. Whether from FTXC or Support the time to complete keeps changing continuously from days to hours to days and so on.

Does anybody have an MD5 check sum for this, I'm using Free Download Manager but after all this time I'm still a bit uncomfortable to use the download, if it ever finishes.

I downloaded it fine.  Before downloading it, I started FTX Central and it prompted to download and update.  I let it do that.  But it never prompted to download and update libraries.  I've restarted it several times (and flown a bit in between).  I didn't want to install the libraries from the separate installer if it is better to let FTX Central update the libraries.  I'm still running the 160321 libraries.  

What should I do?

Here's some follow up.

I have both IE (which I don't use but keep updated) and FireFox (always updated) on this PC with FDM integrated into both.

The libs download took a full 5 hours to complete from the "Orbx Cloud" on FireFox. Multiple prior attempts to DL from "My FTX" and "Speedy Google" returned "download failed" every time.

I ran a speed test for my connection: It's now 5PM where I am and folks getting home from work and are firing up their internet toys to play "Pokey-My-Personal-Info"  so 83Mbps on DL is still pretty good (my Verizon contract guarantees 75 Mbps (stop laughing!), so...

SpeedTest.jpg

Makes no sense.

So, just for giggles and kicks I broke from the accepted rule of "Don't use IE" and downloaded it again from the Support section. This time I used the "Speedy Google Downloads" option, through FDM. It only took 5 (your adjective of choice here) minutes. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Both Property dialogues for the 5 hour versus 5 minute versions of the DL were identical so I should be good to go; back it up to disc, take it to my dedicated Orbx PC, and let the magic happen.

PropertiesDialogue.jpg

And, finally...

After installing the new libs and booting FSX I was then ready to run the "Migration Troubleshooter .exe" file now found in my C:\FSX\ORBX folder.

I dam near fainted, thought I was looking at a complete reinstall of FSX:

FirstT-Shooter.jpg

Back to the instructions again, turns out I still needed to force migration in FTXC2, and after that the result was:

SecondT-Shooter.jpg

This has been a full days effort, a sandwich, a beer, a pre-bedtime nap in the recliner, and call it a day.

Signing Off.

Almost forgot, whatever files got fixed I no longer am experiencing the duplicate dll_xml files problem. Fired up FTXC2 twice with no dups being added. Whatever was broke must have gotten fixed??? I'll check again tomorrow to see if it's still "fixed".

I started the download via FTX Central, saw a 5 hr estimate, and immediately cancelled. I went to the support page, and tried the Orbx Cloud option. 4 hour estimate there (I guess this is the same way that FTX Central tried to download it?). I cancelled that and selected Google Drive. They downloaded in less than 5 minutes. Give it a try. 

Wish me luck. I just installed them. Time to finish the process. 

More follow up:

I booted up my Orbx Box with my first cup of coffee this morning. I did multiple boots of FSX and my default "Safe Start" flight and FTXC2 (updated) and had no issues. I checked my dll_xml after each step and no dupes.

I decided to push my luck; I ran the Vector tool even though there was no need to, I re-applied the current libs, again, booting FSX between each step, no problems, no dupes.

Last; I ran the Troubleshooter _exe again and it's all green lights and no dupes..

My project for today is to back up the entire PC while it appears that all is well.

Well, I was wrong about my dupe issues being solved after I got through the latest libs update and forced migration. I can open and close FTXC2 without it happening but if I make a change to any config panel the dupes are back.

Archived