Birthday Cancelled

Jock7

Hi,

Just a little niggle in your birthday section you are showing No Birthdays in fact as a member for the past four years I am 64 to-day, so is my Birthday cancelled?.    he he he ............

Happy birthday Jock. 

We'll be up your way in August for a few days holiday.  I like Scotland.  Mind you, I like living in

Somerset too but wish we had Nicola down here occasionally to stir things up a bit!:)

John

53 minutes ago, Jock7 said:

' Yes Nicola does a good job but she is staying'

United Kingdom Huh? There was a time 70 years ago.

I'm in danger of being banned here Jock so I'm off before I give too much opinion.:rolleyes:

All the best.

John

Once again many thanks. I had a job for over 30years and could retire at 55 which I did with full pension. It does not happen in the job now so I was one of the lucky ones.

The official retirement age is 65 but a lot of us, Jock and me included contributed to private or company retirement schemes which  enabled us to build up sufficient pension funds to live comfortably from, in Jocks case age 55 and mine 58. When the government retirement scheme which we had also contributed to kicked in at 65 we were reasonably well off.......well, comfortable.

The majority of the population don't of course have the opportunities from their work income to spare money to pay for extra             retirement income and many, even if they can afford it don't, because they probably don't think that far ahead or possibly, don't think they're going to live that long.

John

Archived