Vector installs in wrong place in Scenery Library?

In my recent discussion (Vector AEC topic on page 2 of this forum) with Stefan of PILOTS it was stated that Vector should be placed above Mesh in the scenery library. During this discussion I was advised to remove Vector and do a reinstall. I did that but the Vector installer placed my installation just above Base layer 1107, This was where my Ultimate mesh installation was installed, so I moved Vector above Ultimate. I upgraded Vector to 1.40 yesterday and again it placed Vector at 1107 and again below my Mesh.
Why isn't Vector installer placing it in the correct place especially as the old manual insists on not moving Vector from where the installer places it? Surely a huge amount of simmers have 3rd party mesh installed and it appears the Vector installer is not recognising this aspect resulting in a need to move the Vector files to their correct location.
So it appears Ultimate or other Mesh must be just above 1107 but this is where Vector installs itself.
Any clarification available please?

Thanks Ed. I thought it worked for me as well but sought clarification, after Stefan's comment regarding Mesh needing to be at just above layer 1107. I find the logic a bit difficult as i would have thought that in regard to "layering" I understand that mesh would be at the bottom as all other aspects like Global Base, OLC, then Regions, then airports would all sit on top of Mesh in that order, rather than on top of Vector. But hey, if it works then OK.

Just now, spud said:

Page 45 of the ORBX Guide (see lower left corner of FTX Central v2.)  It lists the order of scenery for the FSX Scenery Library.

thanks, but I still do not understand why 107 should be above 106 in the library. Not a bid deal, just curious

Sherm

Probably got moved accidentally as mine are all in order from 0107 Base to 0100 Base reading from top to bottom.  Just move it and save the library to fix it.

Just now, spud said:

Probably got moved accidentally as mine are all in order from 0107 Base to 0100 Base reading from top to bottom.  Just move it and save the library to fix it.

thanks, that is how I originally had them, in numerical order. I will switch back...btw, did not notice any difference in the out of order config...but, may not have been flying in any affected areas...

Sherm

Archived