FTX Unified Lookup messed up textures: Oceania

Adam Banks

To help ORBX find these post-migration oddities, I thought it'd be a good idea to separate them out according to *area*. So ... this topic is to include FTX AU, FTX NZNI and FTX NZSI.

I'm sure it'd help the developers if we post location info - and any seasons related issues, a a screenshot showing co-ordinates would be good - or in text format alongside.

This is what I cound in central NZNI - looks like a whole set of tiles have gone screwy:

nzni_bug_01_1024.jpg

nzni_bug_02_1024.jpg

Summer:
nzni_bug_03_summer_1024.jpg

Winter:
nzni_bug_04_winter_1024.jpg

nzni_bug_05_1024.jpg

I was thinking of checking this out in my hitherto un-migrated FSX, but I daren't run it in case I get all sort of prompts and the migration process starts anyway <?>. I suppose if I haven't run FTX Central in FSX mode (I haven't yet) then I'd still be able to see that area as it was?

Adam.

1 minute ago, JS07 said:

Going there right now to see in P3D.  It's a brand new fresh P3D install with the same Orbx areas.  Will let you know asap….

Great! Keep track of what you see before/after Ben's two NZNI patches/fixes (just in case they're in some way to blame!!). I have mine installed.

Adam.

Hi Adam, I went there in P3D but not FSX, I assume FSX would be messed up too as they both have had the migration.  And like FSX, I applied all three of Ben's patches to both sims last week.  So this is post patch P3D.

Here are the exact same areas in screenshots:

7Owr5Ez.jpg

iK1BYjo.jpg

rNYb200.jpg

1 minute ago, capt sl said:

i have checked in my fsx and have this too :( 

I'm still optimistic that all will be resolved, remember, Ben's still on vacation till the 27th.  I'd rather fly somewhere else and explore and let the poor guy enjoy his life.  He's a software engineer so I'm sure he can fix this.  I can wait.

Adam, I see your colors are a lot different than mine.  What do you think?  The screenshots were just taken in the same location at the same heading and altitude.

Your colors seem to be much brighter.  Do you see any texture difference between ours?

Best regards,

Jack

It really *does* look like a migration problem then - affecting both FSX and P3D alike. Just to re-state: my *FSX* shots are from an as yet un-migrated sim. I suppose I'm lucky as I can actually compare pre and post migration, albeit one is P3D and one is FSX.

Jack - try setting your season to "Summer". That's when I got that lurid yellow!

Adam.

1 minute ago, Adam_NZ said:

It really *does* look like a migration problem then - affecting both FSX and P3D alike. Just to re-state: my *FSX* shots are from an as yet un-migrated sim. I suppose I'm lucky as I can actually compare pre and post migration, albeit one is P3D and one is FSX.

Jack - try setting your season to "Summer". That's when I got that lurid yellow!

Adam.

Ah, yes, it automatically set it to winter, good point Adam, will do and get back as soon as I can.  Gotta set it up again…

Is this fix to be applied in addition to the other two fixes for Oceania? And please open a central place for these fixes because it is now becoming a bit annoying to search for a fix here and a fix there.

Regards

Ralf

5 hours ago, Eugene Krikunov said:

We've identified the issue with NZNI. Attached is a fix that should be extracted to your root FS directory. When it asks you to overwrite, say "yes".

orbx_unified_lclookup_nzni_fix3.ZIP

All good here in that area now!! Thanks for getting onto it so quickly  B)!

Is this fix3 cumulative (ie. includes the other two NZNI patches)?

Ralf - splitting the LClookup thing was my idea - as I thought we'd end up with one massive thread with posts/screenshots etc. from all the various ORBX areas. I was hoping to make it easier for people to post their bugs.

However - I think all the various resulting  *patches* should [all] go on one locked "sticky" where we can all find them. Is that what you mean?

Adam.

Please bear with us. Normally we **never** release ad-hoc patches like we've done this past week because it can lead to support chaos. But in the interest of trying to debug missing textures etc, we're breaking our own rules. The good news is that this time it's helping customers work alongside us to debug stuff that we obviously missed in testing, so a big thanks for your continued patience and testing.

We will of course, roll these little ad-hoc patches into formal updates for regions/global etc where they fix the problems overall, along with Ben's upcoming diagnostic tool.

I'll mark this resolved on the basis of Eugene's patch above, being applied.

John - there may be the odd disgruntled person out there, but I think the vast majority of us [regular/old time] users welcome the opportunity to get involved - and help out in any way we can. The good news from our (user) perspective is seeing a friendly and positive response as we dig these things out.

Adam.

27 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

John - there may be the odd disgruntled person out there, but I think the vast majority of us [regular/old time] users welcome the opportunity to get involved - and help out in any way we can. The good news from our (user) perspective is seeing a friendly and positive response as we dig these things out.

Adam.

Count me in, I have plenty of time to do tests.  It's fun.

27 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

Adam.

Count me in, I have plenty of time to do tests.  It's fun.

Archived