Airport Elevation Issues

Jerrymc3

I was having a lot of issues so I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX & Acceleration and a lot of other addons.  Some where along the line something happened to cause elevation problems at numerous airports.  The image is KDFW 35L.  The same thing happens at KAUS & KDEN.  It happens with FSDT or Flightbeam or if I disable them in the scenery library and just use the default airport.  I also disabled FSGlobal Ultimate.  I tried using the Airport Flatten Mesh and it helped a little but there were still issues.  I also have FSGlobal Vector and Global Base but was unable to disable it.  I guess its possible something could be out of place in my scenery library but I'm not sure what it would be

Some of my Order Numbers: FSS0441935, FSS0419202, FSS0351241, FSS0349865

Jerry

KDFW ELEVATION PROBLEM.png

Hello, Jerry.  As far as I know, the AEC tool must be run for the airports you mention to be displayed properly.  But I'm not sure why you weren't able to disable the airport elevation correction.  It should be fairly straightforward.

27 minutes ago, Jerrymc3 said:

I discovered the problem.  My ORBX!VECTOR_AEC somehow wound up at the bottom of my scenery library.

Jerry

That is where it is supposed to be. Third line up from the bottom, above "Default scenery" and "Default terrain".

• 2 months later...

There are many airports that need to be disabled in AEC after you have run the AEC config tool. I also have FBeams KDEN and if you run the AEC tool it shows it as Enabled. It should be Disabled. You need to open the AEC tool and in the box just above the ICAO entries in the Enabled column type in KDEN. When it appears highlight it and click on the arrow pointing to the Disabled section. It should then be in the disabled section. To confirm it has gone there you could enter KDEN in the box above Disabled and it should show up there. If it does you are good to go. I suggest having run the AEC once only after installing Vector that you use the method I have just described for every airport that you see elevation issues at. Remember though that if you run the AEC again for any reason, it will revert all your manual changes back again. A PIA in my opinion but that is what it is. Remember also that if you have the newish freeware Global airports NA that in the documentation there are listed many that need to be Disabled in the AEC which may be by default Enabled. You need to do the manual Disabling for many of them as AEC has them as Enabled. That is one good reason for only running the AEC once and then doing all other corrections manually, otherwise you have to go through the whole process of manual changes again.

Archived