Error during Migration

ralfy124

Hello,

I migrated yesterday and had some strange texture anomalies, so I decided to reset the migration ("%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration) and FTX Central offered me migration again. After successful migration I looked up the log file and it states two errors (both while migrating yesterday and today). You may have a look. I noticed too that the lclookup.bgl in Scenery/Base/Scenery did not change, it has still a date from 17.05.2016. Maybe this helps cure my texture anomalies.

Regards

Ralf

orbx.log

lclookup.bgl

Hi ralfy124,  I seem to have the same problems.  I went back and changed permissions for all of FSX to full permissions and reran the migration.  I notice that the lclookup bgl file also has a date of 5/17/2016 and that all the recent orbx.log files have several errors.

My textures are also wacked out.  Not sure what to do. 

Jay A

Meanwhile I reinstalled FTX Global and OpenLC Europe. Opening FTX central after installation did not start a new migrating process, which it should have done because the installer from OpenLC Europe did contain the old files. So I started the migration process manually and it began to work, after some minutes "migration successful" appeared. But I still have e.g. above pictured texture anomalies. There must still be something wrong with the LC selection.

orbx.log still had two errors, see below in attached file.

It would be nice if someone from ORBX now will have a look into it.

Regards

Ralf

orbx.log

I waited two days now to get support from ORBX seeing other threads started after my thread beeing answered well before. Since I want to use my simulator for flying and not for waiting support to help me (and I provided enough information), I decided to do a new complete setup of P3D and will stay with the old manual switching, at least until the problems reported here are sorted out. So you may set this topic to "answered". Thank you for your help ORBX.

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have reinstalled from scratch P3D V3.3.5, only installed FTX Global, FTX Trees, FTX OpenLC Europe and FTX OpenLC Canada/Alaska from ORBX and from other developers ASN and REX4 Texture Direct and Soft Clouds I did the migration progress, because from what I have read from John Venema it is safe to do so now and he friendly told us that we have no other choice than to migrate ("eat or die" as we say in Germany :-)). To get things in order and to help the involved staff from ORBX finding out what maybe went wrong, I decided to post here my orbx.log after migration, because it shows again two errors after the migration process completed. I would like someone from ORBX comment on these errors, if they will impact again my texture loading, e.g. wrong lc tiles like there were after my very first migration as shown in the images above.

I have not yet done a flight in P3D, I thought it would be best to take some precious time to post my findings here first in hope of a quick solution, if later on I discover the same texture faults as were 2 weeks ago before the reinstallation.

In short words for now: What do the error messages in the attached orbx.log file mean and will they have an impact on a hopefully successful migration now?

PS: lclookup dates from 17.05.2016 12:05 with 49KB

Regards

Ralf

orbx.log

lclookup.bgl

AutogenDescriptions.spb

Well, the problems seem to be back. Flight was from LGRP Rhodes in Greece to EDDR Saarbrucken in Germany. Below images are in northern Greece near LGTS Thessaloniki. After Greece the rest of the flight the textures seem to be alright. That is with OpenLC Europe and as far as I understood the part of Greece (OpenLC Europe EU7) is part of the migration.

My question above rests unanswered: What do the error messages in the attached orbx.log file mean and will they have an impact on a hopefully successful migration now?

2016-06-19 13_36_20-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-19 13_39_27-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-19 14_00_28-Greenshot.jpg

Anyone from ORBX?

My question above rests unanswered: What do the error messages in the attached orbx.log file mean and will they have an impact on a hopefully successful migration now?

Still regards

Ralf

On ‎21‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 9:56 AM, Nick Cooper said:

There is no mystery trick.

It has been made perfectly clear that Ben is on holiday until 27th June.

My calendar says that today is the 21st. Please be patient.

My calendar says that today is the 28th (nearly 29th). I have been patient.

Some more screenshots from Canada, FTX Global, Vector, Open LC Europe, Open LC Alaska/Canada and FTX Norway installed and migrated so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7l0m2ud5wrsaxd/2016-06-28 22_56_00-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/luv4r0libgc0wo0/2016-06-28 22_57_19-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/462y5wyz3fx223p/2016-06-28 22_58_02-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwegoa72ocgc51o/2016-06-28 22_58_55-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a4u0ekoz9nasyv/2016-06-28 23_28_24-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83rna35ehhxx4ik/2016-06-28 23_35_15-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0avktba7u5rowq5/2016-06-28 23_35_27-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q30zbwnk3yv5pv9/2016-06-28 23_35_36-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxtu3fb2yty3mno/2016-06-28 23_36_45-Greenshot.jpg?dl=0

Had to made dropbox links because my upload limit in the forum has been reached and I don't want to delete my older pictures because I did not yet get an answer to my question.

Kind Regards

Ralf

On 6/21/2016 at 8:56 AM, Nick Cooper said:

There is no mystery trick.

It has been made perfectly clear that Ben is on holiday until 27th June.

My calendar says that today is the 21st. Please be patient.

Hi Nick,

I had no idea about this - thanks for the info!

Just for my information - where was this posted?  I have to confess that there are so many boards now I sometimes am not sure where to look for what I want!

John Venema

• Orbx CEO
  •  
  • John Venema
  • Administrators
  • team_admin.png
  • 22,497 posts
  • Order #:Staff

Ben's diagnostic tool is being written now, should be ready to debug your issues by Monday 27th if not sooner. Sorry about the delay, we're doing our best.

•  

Regards,

JV

I decided to install CRM and migrate despite my already existing problems after migration of FTX Global, FTX Norway, Open LC Europe und Open LC Alaska/Kanada. I renamed the CRM path both in "available-migrations.json"-file and in the migrations folder so that it matches the correct installation folder names of CRM. Migration after installation seems to be successful (despite a new error entry in the orbx.log which I don't understand) as there was the "migrated" file in CRM06_CVX and CRM08_CUSTOM folders.

I had no elevation problems as you may see in below screenshots:

1. Before migration:

2016-06-2920_06_50-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2920_07_12-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2920_07_36-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2920_07_48-Greenshot.jpg

2. This is after migration:

2016-06-2920_59_17-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2920_59_33-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2921_04_21-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2921_05_22-Greenshot.jpg

Though not suffering from elevation problems there are strange textures after migration:

2016-06-2921_10_29-Greenshotfe84c.jpg

2016-06-2921_11_10-Greenshot.jpg

2016-06-2921_14_34-Greenshot.jpg

And again desperately looking for help.

Kind Regards

Ralf

22 hours ago, ralfy124 said:

I decided to install CRM and migrate despite my already existing problems after migration of FTX Global, FTX Norway, Open LC Europe und Open LC Alaska/Kanada. I renamed the CRM path both in "available-migrations.json"-file and in the migrations folder so that it matches the correct installation folder names of CRM. Migration after installation seems to be successful (despite a new error entry in the orbx.log which I don't understand) as there was the "migrated" file in CRM06_CVX and CRM08_CUSTOM folders.

Kind Regards

Ralf

Ralf,  For what's worth, I'm running FSX and as best as I can tell my migration overall was successful.  Your second from the last shot above, I also have, but it's not unusual at all.  Those are circular and semi-circular agricultural fields, common in that region of the US.  Your last shot above regrettably I cannot duplicate at all and is very different than what I see from the same vantage point, especially the red-circled areas.  While the two runways seem to be ok, the Boise airport in general is not the same as mine.  Many buildings are missing, etc., or just different.  I can't account for these differences unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

For what's worth, I'm running FSX and as best as I can tell my migration overall was successful.  Your second from the last shot above, I also have, but it's not unusual at all.  Those are circular and semi-circular agricultural fields, common in that region of the US.  Your last shot above regrettably I cannot duplicate at all and is very different than what I see from the same vantage point, especially the red-circled areas.

Hmm, seems that everybody gets different results! I think that my migration went fine as well (P3D v3.3.5), but I'm seeing exactly the same as Ralf. But comparing to Google Earth I would say that this (i.e. Ralf's last three pictures) is as it should be. The scenery is not photoreal, but landclass based. And these "suburban housing" textures (the red-circled areas in the last picture) can be recognized in Google Earth as well. Since this is landclass using generic textures, it cannot match exactly with reality, especially at the texture borders.

What I (and Ralf most likely as well) have done is to manually correct the entry for FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX in file "ORBX\Scripts\unified\available-migrations.json" and the name of the corresponding ZIP file in folder "ORBX\Scripts\unified\migrations" and restarted FTX Central to migrate this part as well. Maybe this would solve the elevation issues, too (although I doubt it).

I try again, today I reset migration, "migration complete" was written after. Again, my only question for now:

Why is this message coming in my orbx.log and what does it mean, maybe it is a very simple answer to my texture problems:

[2016-06-30_06-45-15-, FTX Central] - System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration.ApplyMigrations()
[2016-06-30_06-45-15-, FTX Central] - System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration.ApplyMigrations()

orbx.log

41 minutes ago, TheGreenToad said:

Hmm, seems that everybody gets different results! I think that my migration went fine as well (P3D v3.3.5), but I'm seeing exactly the same as Ralf. But comparing to Google Earth I would say that this (i.e. Ralf's last three pictures) is as it should be. The scenery is not photoreal, but landclass based. And these "suburban housing" textures (the red-circled areas in the last picture) can be recognized in Google Earth as well. Since this is landclass using generic textures, it cannot match exactly with reality, especially at the texture borders.

What I (and Ralf most likely as well) have done is to manually correct the entry for FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX in file "ORBX\Scripts\unified\available-migrations.json" and the name of the corresponding ZIP file in folder "ORBX\Scripts\unified\migrations" and restarted FTX Central to migrate this part as well. Maybe this would solve the elevation issues, too (although I doubt it).

I am reluctant, for obvious reasons, to make that correction to the CRM06_CVX entry in the available-migrations.json, and then rerun the migration.  If it works, don't fix it.  At least until someone responds to this particular issue, ie the spelling error in the .json file.  The suburban housing I also have, but not in the location in your screenshot, but further removed roughly in the direction the Mooney is flying.  I frankly believe that those suburban textures in your screenshot are misplaced, typical of the phenomena many folks are seeing, but I haven't checked Google Earth to verify.  On close inspection there are some odd overlaps present, trees in the wrong place, a highway ending suddenly at a tile boundary, etc.  I also doubt the elevation issues are a part of this issue, but who really knows?  I staying with what I have until advised otherwise, especially with this spelling error we have noted in the .json file.

I see the same errors in my log. It would be great if this error can narrow down the problem to some very specific code.

Maybe @Nick Coopercan pass it along to the developers? He's the only ORBX person that I see making new posts. I guess the developers must be hunkered down working on these issues with a supply of Jolt cola.

Thanks Nick. I just wanted to make sure they know about it since an Exception usually identifies a specific line of code. All of the other reported symptoms - blurriness, wrong texture, autogen, CPU, etc... are terribly vague, especially if this never happened during the testing done by ORBX. the Exception might pinpoint the whole problem. (Or it might be a red-herring). 

Hello Ralf.

I get exactly the same picture as your last 2 shots of KBOI.  I think there are no errors, and what we are seeing is an FTX design decision.  .

With regards to S45, I have no errors.

FSX DVD

PNW

CRM

Open LC

No Vector

No aftermarket mesh

Ralf,

I am in exactly the same boat. Have the same problems and no help from ORBX forthcoming (at all). The 27th promised date has come and gone 10 days ago and I daily search at the forum for some help and guidance. Also trying to look in the many forum sections. 

I sympathize with you tremendously. Clearly you an I seem to be missing something (perhaps the solution is out and we don't know where to find it). 

Regards,

Rhett. 

Archived