Order for scenery library in FSX

Jackietools

Can someone please advise the correct order for ORBX products in the scenery priority library. On line I get all different solutions and am not sure which is correct or if an exact order is even needed. I currently bought FTX and Vector and added a couple free add ons. I also use REX Texture Direct. Is REX Texture in Add On library? Here are screen shots of the order with the last one where I read where Vector AEC should be. Any advice to clear this up or give the proper order would be greatly appreciated. I already read the manual but still cannot figure the best order. Also my REX Texture water settings do not seem to be applying. Thanks again.

Screenshot (79) (Medium).png

Screenshot (80) (Medium).png

Screenshot (81) (Medium).png

The installers place the scenery library entries in the correct place.

The Vector entries should be just above 1107 Base, except for the AEC entry which is in the right place.

The OpenC entries are in the right place.

Don't forget the chart on page 38 of the ORBX Guide.  It lists the order of how files should be ordered in the FSX Scenery Library.  The ORBX installers place all FTX software in the correct order.  The chart explains how other software should be arranged in the Library.

FTX Central v2 lower right corner has a link to the guide.

I did read it and made a desktop link but it still confuses me. I have REX Texture Direct. What folder is that kept in? Add On Scenery? Would I put that above all folders and put it at the top of the list? What is FTAA_ORBXLIBS? Is that the FTX Global? Is that in correct place? According to the guide then my Yellowstone and Devils Tower should be placed right below FTX Global as it is Freeware yet I was informed it is correct where it is. It seems I get multiple answers from different people which is adding to my confusion. I DO appreciate the help but just want all these entries it the correct place. Thanks for your help and if you can answer my new questions I do appreciate it.

Jackie,

the FTX installers will place ORBX scenery files correctly and there is no need to rearrange any FTX files in the Scenery Library.  Yellowstone airport and Devils Tower are ORBX scenery and their installers place them into the FTX group of files where they belong.

The chart tells you to place "3rd Party Scenery" at the top of the library.  Free ware ORBX scenery is not 3rd party scenery, leave it where the installer places it.

REX is not scenery, so it's not in the library and not in the AddOn folder.  The Addon folder, for my money, should go just above your Open LC entries and then leave it there.  If you finally install some mesh, then it would be placed after AddOn but above the OpenLC entries.

Hello,

Put very simply, mainly because I don't have the in depth knowledge,

flight simulator scenery is all made of objects which are contained in files with the suffix .bgl.

This is the same whether it is mountains, airports or buildings.

These .bgl files determine what appears on the screen and each .bgl file will call up textures

to colour the terrain, airport or building.

The Scenery Library is used to tell the simulator which scenery to load but it is the scenery

which calls up the textures.

Because REX products are replacement textures, they do not therefore appear in the scenery library.

22 hours ago, spud said:

Don't forget the chart on page 38 of the ORBX Guide.  It lists the order of how files should be ordered in the FSX Scenery Library.  

The chart explains how other software should be arranged in the Library.

FTX Central v2 lower

On 02.05.2016 at 10:09 AM, Nick Cooper said:

The installers place the scenery library entries in the correct place.

The Vector entries should be just above 1107 Base, except for the AEC entry which is in the right place.

My installer of FS Global 2010 mesh placed itself right above 1107 Base and below ORBX!VECTOR_EXX even though I installed it last (after vector and orbx lc products) - is it a problem?

Thanks, 

Sabre10,

Actually according to the guide chart (pg. 38) the four VECTOR entries should be below the Pilots FS Global 2010 files (8 files).  The four VECTOR entries go below the FS Global 2010 entries (8 files) and just above the 1107 Base entry.

(screen shot of my FSX Library arrangement:

GCS_039.jpg

Spad, My WIN10, P3D and ORBX installs ara all vanilla. I followed everything by the guidelines and ended up with the wrong order of ORBX install. What could have gone wrong? Do you think it's important to move those ORBXVECTOR entries below FS Global 2010 regions?

Thanks Spad.

Hi guys,

the order of the FTX Global and Vector blocks isn't important because they don't contain the same kind of scenery elements. Only in cases in which add-ons have the same type of element -- for example Vector, openLC, and the FTX Regions all contain landclass files -- is the order of their respective entries crucial.

Cheers, Holger 

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

the order of the FTX Global and Vector blocks isn't important because they don't contain the same kind of scenery elements. Only in cases in which add-ons have the same type of element -- for example Vector, openLC, and the FTX Regions all contain landclass files -- is the order of their respective entries crucial.

Cheers, Holger 

All is clear.

Thanks, Holger

GCS_025.md.jpg

The chart from the ORBX User Guide is what I followed to set up my FSX Library.  Although the order of the blocks are not critical this is what ORBX recommends in the guide and everyone has access to the guide via the FTX Central.  Following the recommended order will result in a working Scenery Library.

FWIW the Insertion Point instructions in the Guide are, indeed, very much outdated and should be ignored.  A re-write of that portion of the guide is certainly in order.

Archived