Missing scenery at 1S2 Darrington after longer flight

I had the same issue as reported here today in P3D V3.2:

I flew from Vancouver+ V3 Fort Langley to 1S2 Darrington via 3W5 Concrete.

When I got near darrington all autogen had disappeared together with objects. Only the runway was visible.

Simpy reloading the the scenery got all autgen and objects back.

Order #FSS0104343

Order #FSS0098166

FinnJ

I had a thread about this issue a couple off month ago. Try to disable the ground-poly in the scenery Folder of 1S2 by adding .off to the filename. That should give You the scenery back. But the tarmac and runway will look more like a gras-Strip then. So You either have the scenery or the runeway in good coditions after a long flight. There was no final solution for this as far as I know just the Workaround. I prefere the scenery in good condition. You could also to a scenery-refresh but I don't like the interuption of the flight and have switched the ground-poly off until there is a solution.

Regards

Helmut

Hi all,

I want to add to this topic and hope that somebody at OrbX would be able to find a solution eventually. I am on P3Dv3 with OrbX Global + Vector + all NA Regions active + about 90% of the OrbX NA airports installed and the FS Global 2010 mesh underlying.

Similar as described here:

I started a flight at Concrete heading to Darrington. Arriving there I realized the models of the scenery were not visible. Please see the following screenshots.

2016-4-24_16-19-31-412.png

Simply refreshing the scenery did not help.

2016-4-24_16-26-54-758.png

2016-4-24_16-27-13-565.png

2016-4-24_16-27-33-244.png

I went into the scenery library and disabled 1S2, this made the PNW version of Darrington show up.

2016-4-24_16-30-43-781.png

When I re-enabled Darrington and hit OK then voila the Darrington scenery would show up in all it's beauty (no screenshot taken sorry).

I instantly transferred the aircraft back to Concrete (World -> go to airport) and repeated my flight. But again, when arriving at Darrington all objects of the airport were missing.

2016-4-24_16-51-15-612.png

Once more I went into the scenery library and unticked then ticked the entry for 1S2 again, then clicking OK and having P3Dv3 reloading - this brought Darrington airport back.

2016-4-24_16-56-36-896.png

Good, it is still there, it is such a nice place to visit!
It would be great if you could help me and the others suffering from the same issue.

I did one further experiment, because I read something similar in another thread here in the forums.
I took off from Skagit and headed to Darrington. About 13-14 miles away from 1S2 the sim reloaded the scenery quite strongly, i.e. it took a good second until all graphics were drawn again. Upon arrival at Darrington everything was there - beautiful and complete.

Thanks a lot for your time and your help,

Best Regards

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

I have this exact same problem.  Exactly as described by the original poster.

This was posted almost a month ago and no response or ackowledgment for this bug?  Very unusual and disappointing.

This one is running now for almost a year from my first mail when I discovered it. Try to disable the groundpoly in the 1S2 Folder. That gives You most of the scenery back. I wonder why None of the Devs comment on this. It's just a five-minute flight in the Sim for them  to checke it.

I had something similar at PAKT where almost everything loaded as a solid black object (except for the taxiway) towards the end of a longer flight, but in my case I was getting the warning dings from VAS usage.  I did manage to land the plane on a taxiway and shut down and get flight credit and no OOM.  Are you using FSUIPC?  If so, are you getting warning dings?  I think P3D will sometimes try to salvage a flight by stopping scenery loading when VAS is low, but that's just a guess.

-stefan

9 hours ago, purduekev said:

I have an identical problem persisting at KRDD.

Interesting, I also had the same problem once in KRDD (P3Dv3.2), but right after loading a flight there (so probably not a VAS issue). Again, reloading the scenery library fixed it.

• 2 months later...

I also have Vancouver + installed and active. I made a test flight from CYXX to 1S2 and there also was no autogen at 1S2. After I deactivated Vancouver + the autogen was there. I'll make a new testflight tomorrow with deactivated Vancouver + and let you know. I think Vancouver + is the cause for the missing autogen.

Cheers,

Martin

Well, this was extremely disappointing- I don't have Vancouver Plus or whatever, flew from BVS to Concrete to Darrington and when I got to Darrington it wasn't there!   Or at least the autogen etc.

Please, fine Orbx folks, look at this?

I'm on P3D v3.

Thanks

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to make a post about this. It has happened to me to. Its like the scenery isn't there. It seems to be wiped off the map. very Strange. Mine happened on a short flight to Concrete from Darrington. When I got to Concrete just the base layer showed with no trees or autogen on top. Never seen this before. ORBX where are you?

I should correct my previous post. Yes this thread has been running unacknowleged since April but the issue itself goes way back to April 2015. Perhaps constant posting in this thread will keep it at the top of the list and get some attention.

I also remember now that the trees along the runway sometimes is gone even when starting there. Something odd is definitely going on at Darrington that I haven't seen anywhere before.

Another reason to always file an alternate: airport missing.

For the record: P3D v3.3, Global Base, Global Vector, FSG 2010 and PNW; latest versions. All recently reinstalled.

Today I flew from ORCS to Darrington and when I got there it was gone just the photo real layer. I paused the flight and refreshed the scenery and it appeared. I flew on to Concrete and then back and Darrington was still there. I haven't experience this with any other airport except for Darrington today and Concrete last week. It sure would be nice for someone from ORBX to at least chime in here so we can get this figured out.     Josh

I think it must be a P3D thing. These 2 airports were made along time ago before P3D so its just one of those things we have to live with. I will just fly from there or refresh the scenery before I get there as the solution.  Thanks for the update Alex.    Josh

Why is this post marked as answered when it very clearly is not?
The product is still on sale, with no 'notice' that there is a long standing problem with this airport. 18 months is plenty of time to investigate and overcome an issue such as this. I feel sorry for anybody who purchased this airport in this period of time and also out into the future.

If there is no intention to fix 1S2, surely there should be a notice on the purchasing page of a known major problem.

This is a favourite airport of many loyal customers who have supported this company through the difficult times in the early days.

Please indicate the intention of Orbx is to either fix it, or leave it as is and change the purchasing page suitably. Until then, the issue is not answered.

I apologise for my persistence in this matter but really, this feels like something just being swept under the carpet.

Answered does not mean resolved, an answer has been given, even though the problem is not resolved.

Continually posting the same does not advance the topic.

I do not know what is intended as far as the product is concerned.

If it will make you happy, I can change the topic to active again but as there has been no formal resolution

after a year or so, do you think it will make a difference?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, FreeBird said:

I think it must be a P3D thing. These 2 airports were made along time ago before P3D so its just one of those things we have to live with. I will just fly from there or refresh the scenery before I get there as the solution.  Thanks for the update Alex.    Josh

Dumb question - how does one "refresh" the scenery before landing again?

Steve

47 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Steve,

A scenery refresh can be carried out by going to "World | Scenery Library" and hitting "Ok", even if no changes are made to the scenery library a full reload of the library will be performed. 

Sounds good - I'll give this a try as I approach the area - thanks!

Steve

On 2016-09-15 at 0:13 AM, Alex Goff said:

A scenery refresh can be carried out by going to "World | Scenery Library" and hitting "Ok", even if no changes are made to the scenery library a full reload of the library will be performed. 

I just made a flight there from Concrete. I made a scenery refresh  with a key binding but that did not fix the missing objects. I now saw that you have to rebuild the scenery library as quoted above. Not quite the same thing for those wishing to use this fix. I'm now checking off Darrington from the library because of this. I'd rather have a functioning default PNW airport than this odd workaround every time I go there. Now I must remember, always check the forums before buying.

Thanks, but not an option to me. I already tried that (ID:21) but the ground texture looks awful. Now if there were a way to keep the original texture with that fix. My guess is the solution is inside that file. But as long as the error is only in P3D and as the airport is "old" one can only hope. The airport was not "old" to me when I bought it a few weeks ago.

Archived