Elevations issues and lack of FTX-VC (AEC)????

Hello chaps,

How does one go about fixing elevation issues at Orbx airports in P3D-V3.2, without having Orbx Vector -thus FTX Vector Configurator (AEC) installed!?!?!

Should not  ALL Orbx "Full Fat Regions" and their airports work without installing Vector?

Regards,

Tim.

1 hour ago, Ed Correia said:

Set FTXC to North America, got to the ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF folder and copy the ADE_FTX_NRM_65S_elevation_adjustment.BGL to your Scenery\World\Scenery folder

OK Ed I tried your instructions.... The scenery is all good! However, I can not load a flight from 65S without the aircraft half buried in the ground. If I load a flight at some other airport and then choose "Go to airport" in the pull down menu, it seems to work?! Strange it does not work "straight off the bat"!?

Also I am now getting a few airports where my aircraft is loaded a few hundred feet above its assigned parking spot...!? Just like the previous screen shot I had posted.

I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening?

Regards,

Tim.

Thanks Trev, the NRM installer contains the correct 2013 file but it shipped with the 2010 version in the .OFF state. FTX Central should have deleted these .OFF files when detected so I'll need to see why that is not occurring. 

4 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Not sure about that and I cannot replicate it. 

Are you using a saved flight? Does it happen with all aircraft?

Hi Ed,

I did create a "Cold and Dark" flight and made it my default and favourite flight...?  I will go back to the original default flight and see if that fixes it.  Will report back.

However, i find it interesting that it only happens at some but not all of the Orbx airports????

Stand by,

Tim...

Thank you to all for your inputs. I did Ed's suggestion and It has rectified my issue.

Now off to try and work out my other P3DV3 issues with my Orbx products.....!?

Thank you again,

Tim...

• 3 months later...

Just adding a fresh "thank you" for this fix posted above. After a fresh install of P3Dv3.3.5 and all my FTX sceneries, I discovered I had an issue with 65S that was exactly the same as the original poster's. That issue is fixed now, and I am happily flying from Bonner's Ferry as it was meant to be. :)

• 2 months later...

I wanted to add my own "thank you" to Tree Tops, Nick Cooper et al.  I was having the same problems.  The runway at Bonner's Ferry looked like it had random hills on it.  Tried a fresh install, updated Orbx libraries, nothing.  Then I downloaded and transferred the elevation adjustment Nick Cooper posted.  Cleared it right up.  This is on P3D V3.4.

• 3 weeks later...
On April 13, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Ed Correia said:

Set FTXC to North America, got to the ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF folder and copy the ADE_FTX_NRM_65S_elevation_adjustment.BGL to your Scenery\World\Scenery folder

Hi Ed, just bought this yesterday.  I have P3D 3.2 and when I start at 65S my plane is also buried under the ground.  Is this still the procedure to fix it?

Thanks.

Archived